From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ryota Yashima a.k.a. Yassie (b. 1975) is a business person living in Saitama City, Saitama, Japan. I am currently working in an IT company (ERP package vendor), since November 2011, after recovering from Major depressive disorder. I used to work in non-Japan(mostly U.S.)-based companies for 9 years, and have experience in English-using clerical, data analysis with Microsoft Excel and some programming with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). I earned B.A. degree from International Christian University in March 2000. I also lived in Columbus, Ohio to study business at Ohio State University. I have been to most states east of the Mississippi River mainly by Greyhound bus, which makes me good at writing about American cities on Japanese Wikipedia. Also, I have some knowledge about American popular culture. In 2019, I got into committed relationship with a Kenyan woman (eventually got married in January 2020), and began learning Swahili language.
My favorite things:
- City: Columbus, Ohio.
- Sports Team: Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Cuisine: Cajun - especially Blackened Catfish.
- Movies: too many, but if I pick one, Ray.
- Singers: include Jewel, Natalie Imbruglia, Sheryl Crow, Michelle Branch, Paula Terry (my close friend).
- Women of My Type: Meg Ryan, Alexis Bledel, Amanda Seyfried, Barbara Palvin, Saoirse Ronan - I'm a blue-eye fetish. ;)
- Technical Document: The Zen of Python