Media Inactivist, Thought Follower, Sit-Down Comic, Social Media Analytics Researcher, Former Boy Genius, Linux Capacity Planner, R Hacker, Mathematician
“M. Edward (Ed) Borasky is, in order of appearance, a boy genius, computer programmer, applied mathematician, folk singer, actor, professional graduate student, armchair astronaut, algorithmic composer, supercomputer programmer, performance engineer, Linux geek, solution in search of a problem and Social Media Non-Guru. His hobby is collecting hobbies.”
I’ve been on the Internet a long time. I had my first personal web site in 1994, and registered my first domain, borasky-research.net, in 2001. And I’ve got a lot of interests:
- Computational journalism Communications of the ACM, October 2011, "Computational Journalism"
- Twitter – the phenomenon, the tools, the data, the global cocktail party conversation
- Linux Capacity planning, Server Profiling and Performance Troubleshooting
- Algorithmic composition and Digital synthesizers
- Computational Finance, High-frequency trading and Market microstructure
and the underlying technologies: programming languages, applied mathematics and statistics, artificial intelligence, digital signal processing, machine learning, software engineering and high-performance computing. About the only technology I’m not really into is hardware.
Where can you find me?
Some of my projects: