Welcome and u r welcome
You may want to bring your concerns about the POV status of labeling to List of pseudosciences and pseudoscientific concepts. It will be more apropos there and we are current;y engaged in a conversation regarding your very concerns. Hope to hear from you soon. -- Levine2112 discuss 21:09, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Bataille de Vercellae
Sorry I do not speak French. The title "fr:Bataille de Verceil" is a POV-push because the location of the battle is disputed: it may be Verceil but it may be not. "Bataille de Vercellae" was a better title, "Bataille des Champs Raudiens" would be an even better choice.
Meet me here: Achillu 9 mars 2008 à 12:14 (CET)
- So, Battle of Waterloo is also a POV. Someones says battle of Mont-Saint-Jean, but the majority says battle of Waterloo. It's the same thing for Verceil ; but if the location of the battle is disputed, i'm going add a modification in the article. --Épiméthée 11:30, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Well... I think that Mont-Saint-Jean is near Waterloo, correct? But the dispute for the location of the battle of Vercellae is about some hundred kms :) Some historians think that the Cimbri crossed the valley of Ossola in Piedmont and following this way "near Vercellae" would mean "near Verceil"; some others think that the Cimbri crossed the Brenner Pass in Tyrol and following this way "near vercellae" would mean any location (possibly in Polésine) at the confluence of two rivers.
- I personally do not believe in this last theory but anyway this dispute caused an edit war on the Italian Wikipedia. This image is an awful mix of the two theories: according to this image, the Cimbri crossed the Brenner Pass in Tyrol and then turned west to Verceil...
- --Achillu 9 mars 2008 à 12:47 (CET)
Hi, Achillu. I initially rm that entry because of the phrase 'most probably'. However, after rereading the Tartaro-Canalbianco article, there is a clear reference. So, I put the entry back on the dab page. Thank you for pointing that out. Gwguffey (talk) 15:32, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks for clarification and I am glad to having helped you in your work. Achillu (talk) 13:27, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:35, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Out With Dad Logo.png
Thanks for uploading File:Out With Dad Logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).