do you mind if I were to ask you a few personal questions? Feel free to not answer them, but I ask them because I wish to know something about 'memory' in Russia or with Russians in general. I ask these questions to several native Russian speakers, so forgive me if you encounter these questions on different talkpages. So here are the questions:
- When were you born?
- Were you 16 or older in the 1980s?
- Were you born in Russia/Soviet Union? Where?
- How do you remember the Soviet-Afghan war/Afghan war?
- How do you remember the Soviet repression, such as the Gulag or the prison camp system?
- How do you remember the public discussion in the 1980s/1990s about the repression and the prison camp system?
- How do you feel about the victims of the Afghan war and the victims of the repression?
Answer in anyway you like (which includes not answering as well of course), thank you very much.