TfD nomination of Template:Shadow
Template:Shadow has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for Deletion page. Thank you. ukexpat (talk) 18:43, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
Your recent edits
Hi there. In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion, you should sign your posts by typing four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment. If you can't type the tilde character, you should click on the signature button located above the edit window. This will automatically insert a signature with your name and the time you posted the comment. This information is useful because other editors will be able to tell who said what, and when. Thank you! --SineBot (talk) 23:31, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
Blocked due to IP block
I really need to edit Talk:Vehicle registration plate because I formatted my section wrong, too! I am blocked because of my school network. There's a bunch of vandals at my school... But I'm not one of them, I'm just caught in the crossfire! Can you unblock me?
Thanks for the note, Awesomeness. I am replying here on your talk page, rather than mine, so that you can choose what to do with my reply. I will soon delete your comment — very nice though it was — because I prefer not to have discussions of my IQ sitting around on my talk page (just good public relations, you see).
Not many people have any idea that the Triple Nine Society even exists, so I am impressed that you discovered who we are. Did you know that there are "High IQ" societies with even higher standards? The Prometheus Society is an example. The problem is, the higher the IQ standard the fewer people qualify. Worse, it seems to be a fact of human nature that smarter does *not* mean more emotionally mature. Quite the opposite! There is even a study which found that an IQ over 160 or so can be a serious handicap in life: The Outsiders. It isn't easy learning how to be friends across a 60-point IQ gap.
On the other hand most of us do learn, and I am sure you will too, if you work hard at it. Learn how to be a mensch, no matter what. Tell jokes that make fun of your own mistakes, and never, ever make fun of others. Try to see the struggling kid that hides inside every person, no matter how old or mean they appear, and give that kid a friendly smile. It works!
You asked also what exactly my career might be. Heh! I'm not sure myself. Right now I am a professor of applied mathematics in a university, but that's a very recent thing. In the not-so-distant past I have worked with foreign governments on their problems with poverty, corruption, and organized crime. I have taught military officers all over the world how to do peacekeeping for the United Nations, and I have helped countries set up defenses against epidemic diseases and natural disasters. I help police forces cope with gang violence, and I write computer simulations of economic systems in terrible trouble. Sometimes I teach in medical schools, for variety. I dunno, what is my career, really? I look for interesting situations and good people, and I go where there seems to be a need for a weirdo like me. Mathematics and humanity are my two passions, and always have been.
Your vote for X!
- I have removed some personal information from your userpage, it is not a good idea to disclose this information for your own privacy and protection. Please read Wikipedia:Protecting children's privacy. Fences&Windows 20:11, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- I meant to say bureaucrat, I don't know why I typed in admin... Odd. just one of those moments where you don't say what you try to say. Anyway, sorry about the info.
- Hi, I noticed your signature and I was trying to work on a school infobox an editor was adding color to the fonts for the "school colors" parameter which is orange, white, black. I was trying to put "White" in white font inside a black box, been playing with it, can't get it. Any hints ? Thanx Mlpearc MESSAGE 19:54, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you please show me what you have so far, and tell me how it differs from how you want it to look? Awesomeness talk 21:47, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
Cease threatening other users who are simply trying to maintain order with vandalism. Continue to do so and you will be blocked from editing, and your account will be reported to your ISP. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:16, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- Dear vandal:
- Vandalism does not keep order. You know that; you aren't funny, either. I never threatened you, as well. By the way, post new sections at the bottom, and sign your edits on talk pages with four tildes ( ~~~~ ). Awesomeness talk 03:25, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
The universe just exploded
...Because of your last two userboxes! :)
I hope you won't mind but I changed the speedy deletion tag you put up on Yams Galore to db-attack and blanked the page because it blatantly insults the band that the article was about. Cheers. Usb10 Connected? 01:22, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
Lol, sorry man, it was probably a edit conflict as I am using Wikipedia:STiki, so it just auto warn users that vandalize. If you tend to fight vandalism a lot, you should look into that program and Wikipedia:Twinkle--IGeMiNix (talk) 18:02, 26 September 2010 (UTC)