Added user box to the course talk page
My name is Jackie, and it looks like I'm your group-mate for the Wikipedia project! Do you have any ideas for the type of articles you might be interested in?
I would be thrilled to approach any aspect of molecular biology which touches on endogenous retroviruses, DNA sequencing and analysis techniques, or using mitochondrian DNA to track human diasporas and other evolutionary events. Not surprisingly, much of the most exciting stuff has already been developed. I was surprised to find something like 16,000 stub-grade Molecular Biology pages on Wikipedia, so hopefully we'll find something engaging to both of us to learn and write about.
Which aspects of molecular biology are you most interested in?
- Hi Jackie,
- From the different aspects: endogenous retroviruses, DNA Sequencing and analysis techniques, or tracking diasporas/evolutionary events, all sound really interesting. This is my first time editing Wikipedia pages but I definitively think that we will find something.
- Okay, sounds great. I'll try to look for some as well.
- Cchandu1 (talk) 22:44, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Cynthia, I see you are working on this project as well right now. The timeline looks great so far thanks for adding it. Here is some of the stuff I have outlined from our peer reviews that we might consider working on:
- Need more history-> Neanderthal, Wooly Mammoth, etc.
- Expand Applications section
- Explain mtDNA & usefullness
- Techniques (this section needs some reworking overall I think)
And here are a few minor items that need addressing:
- Shorter subheadings after methods
- Explain why de-extinction controversial
- Relate de-extinction to Molecular Paleontology
- Might you have anything to add to this list? Let's divide and conquer! That way, we won't be caught wasting time working on the same stuff. Do you think you'll work much more on this tonight? (Apr 8, 10:13 pm Pacific Time) I'm going to address the minor issues first, then I'll work on mtDNA and Applications. :-)
- PaleoBioJackie (talk) 05:15, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Re: your introduction
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Molecular paleontology, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Purification (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.