Here are some tips to help you get started:
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Follow the Wikipedia:Simplified Ruleset
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Welcome to Wikipedia. The you made to Bill Ayers presidential election controversy has been reverted, as it appears to be unconstructive. Use the sandbox for testing; if you believe the edit was constructive, ensure that you provide an informative edit summary. You may also wish to read the introduction to editing. Thank you. — Jeff G. (talk|contribs) 00:23, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
The you made to Bill Ayers presidential election controversy constitutes vandalism, and has been reverted. Please do not continue to vandalize pages; use the sandbox for testing. Thank you. — Jeff G. (talk|contribs) 00:36, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Please stop your disruptive editing. If you continue to vandalize Wikipedia, as you did at Bill Ayers presidential election controversy, you will be blocked from editing. Erik the Red 2 ~~~~ 00:51, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
This is the last warning you will receive for your disruptive edits, such as those you made to Bill Ayers presidential election controversy. If you vandalize Wikipedia again, you will be blocked from editing. Erik the Red 2 ~~~~ 01:01, 20 October 2008 (UTC)