- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Simplified Manual of Style
- Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia
- Respect copyrights – do not copy and paste text or images directly from other websites.
- Maintain a neutral point of view – this is one of Wikipedia's core policies.
- Take particular care while adding biographical material about a living person to any Wikipedia page and follow Wikipedia's Biography of Living Persons policy. Particularly, controversial and negative statements should be referenced with multiple reliable sources.
- No edit warring or sock puppetry.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to .
- Do not add troublesome content to any article, such as: copyrighted text, libel, advertising or promotional messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Deliberately adding such content or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism; doing so will result in your account or IP being blocked from editing.
- Do not use talk pages as discussion or forum pages as Wikipedia is not a forum.
The Wikipedia tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and discussion pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~ (the software will replace them with your signature and the date). Again, welcome! Pol430 talk to me 14:37, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Bonadea. I wanted to let you know that I removed one or more external links you added to the page Cloud computing, because they seemed to be inappropriate for an encyclopedia. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page, or take a look at our guidelines about links. Thank you. bonadea contributions talk 14:24, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Bonadea,
- I added a link with good intention. Actually, I got the information from this page and I think citing it was according to the guidelines of Wikipedia. If you feel, that it was inappropriate please brief me more about the guidelines. — Preceding unsigned comment added by IMMS (talk • contribs) 15:16, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Commercial web sites are not reliable sources. I appreciate your good intentions and hope you will put in the effort to learn more about Wikipedia editing. Please become familiar with the editing guidelines pages listed in the welcome statement above before making further contributions. Cheers. Jojalozzo 02:54, 20 February 2014 (UTC)