|This talk page is automatically archived by Werdnabot. Any threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived. An archive index is available here.|
Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
Hello there. This is an automated message to tell you about the gradual phasing out of the preference entitled "Mark all edits minor by default", which you currently have (or very recently had) enabled.
On 13 March 2011, this preference was hidden from the user preferences screen as part of efforts to prevent its accidental misuse (consensus discussion). This had the effect of locking users in to their existing preference, which, in your case, was
true. To complete the process, your preference will automatically be changed to
false in the next few days. This does not require any intervention on your part and you will still be able to manually mark your edits as being 'minor'. The only thing that's changed is that you will no longer have them marked as minor by default.
Marvel Database Project
Hi, Jamie. I, for one, appreciate the aboveboard way you're going about this. It's a big job to create an article, so over the next few days I'll contact fellow editos here at WikiProject Comics and alert them to your request and see what happens. You have my promise that i"ll follow up (though it's past 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time and I work tomorrow, so I may not get to it this second). With regards, --Tenebrae (talk) 05:39, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much!
- I imagine that requests of this nature can be quite subjective and not everyone agrees on what is considered 'notable'. I will understand if the community feels that the site is still not sufficiently notable. I truly appreciate your response and thank you again, either way!
- --Jamie (talk) 17:20, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Dude, I overheard you're conversation and I thought I might could help. How does this look so far? If there is more sources please salvage it because I am not sure this is enough. Also don't be afraid to edit on it because I started it first (so you have less to worry about self-promotion wise) and also I gave you permission to do so. Cheers. ;) 777 16:14, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
- Jamie, I am so freaking embarrassed ... I see right up there in black-and-white I'd promised to follow through on this and it evidently slipped my mind. I'm mortified and I apologize. I am so happy, on the other hand, to see one of my great Project colleagues, Jhenderson777, jumping in. I'm on deadline right now but I'll try to swing back later. --Tenebrae (talk) 20:06, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
- Wow, that is amazing! I love how you pulled together all our major news coverage. It is still amazing to me that we've gotten go much international attention from the press.
- Here are some links to other coverage or mentions, albeit not as wide circulation as Bloomberg or the New York Times. Will that help?
- The only thing I might change in the article, if I could, would be my first name (Jamie). As a side note... how cool is it that I actually scored the username 'Jamie', here on Wikipedia?! 100 million users and I managed to get my name! Crazy.
- @Tenebrae, no sweat! Life gets in the way of living sometimes. It happens.
- Thank you both so much for your responses. I really, really appreciate it! Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or information I can provide.
- --Jamie (talk) 03:29, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Jhenderson777,
- I just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to re-review everything you wrote in the mockup article. I think it looks great and didn't see any further issues.
- What is the process for moving this page to the main namespace?
- Thanks again for all your help, so far!
- --Jamie (talk) 14:26, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
Going through three AFDS I must recommend you using the rest of the citations that you linked. I was going to boldly move (after a lot of goofs) it but it is protected just because of those AFDs. 777 00:24, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks!
- I will work on adding more citations to your placeholder article, to further boost proof of notability. Once I've done that, I will come back to you again. I apologize, but since I am quite busy lately, it might be a few weeks before I get around to it...
- Thanks again for everything!
- --Jamie (talk) 12:09, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- I have decided to come out of the shadows and check up on the Wikipedia. I am still willing on helping you out regarding on making articles. The lack of responses is because I have been unactive. If you have more sources I would like to see what I can do with them. 777 00:20, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
A brownie for you!
|Thanks for removing vandalism on the Gawker! Lucas "nicatronTg" Nicodemus (talk) 23:41, 18 March 2016 (UTC)|