|This is JayJasper's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to JayJasper.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 45 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
- 1 Recent Edits to U.S. Presidential Elections
- 2 Please comment on Talk:Death of Freddie Gray
- 3 Please comment on Talk:United States presidential election in Florida, 2000
- 4 Please comment on Talk:2014 Israeli shelling of UNRWA Gaza shelters
- 5 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 6 Please help if you can see fit...
- 7 WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 4
- 8 Please comment on Talk:Political positions of Jeb Bush
- 9 Scott Walker
- 10 Please comment on Talk:Military of ISIL
Recent Edits to U.S. Presidential Elections
- I had posted this in the WikiProject Talk previously, but given there was no response I'm personally messaging you and a couple other members for their own thoughts. More edits had been done as of yesterday without complaint, so I'm again seeking clairification. --Ariostos (talk) 16:38, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- I'm just curious if the latest edits to the US Presidential Elections, principally by Ericl, are actual adopted policy by the Project membership; in simple terms it amounts to the removal of the candidate and balloting sections, to be replaced instead with the Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates nominated (though Ericl's latest edit in 1856 neglect this), with the balloting for those offices being relegated to the Convention articles. The recent edits to the 1860 most exemplify this apparent "new direction". --Ariostos (talk) 15:32, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- It's getting to the point where I myself and going to go bold and revert most of Ericl's edits, given they principally are effecting additions I've made to those articles, and of those I've messaged I've only gotten a response from you, but not a definitive opinion I could wrangle with. --Ariostos (talk) 16:15, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- FWIW, I'd have no objection to you reverting the edits. From what I've seen of them, I do not see the aforementioned changes as having clearly improved the articles nor see a compelling reason for them to have been made. If Eric objects to your reverts, it would probably be best to direct him to the thread you began on the WP:USPE talk page and have him discuss it there.--JayJasper (talk) 16:14, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Death of Freddie Gray
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Death of Freddie Gray. Legobot (talk) 00:03, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:United States presidential election in Florida, 2000
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:United States presidential election in Florida, 2000. Legobot (talk) 00:05, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:2014 Israeli shelling of UNRWA Gaza shelters
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:2014 Israeli shelling of UNRWA Gaza shelters. Legobot (talk) 00:06, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
Please help if you can see fit...
I was greatly relieved for your help preventing continuous unexplained blanking over on Talk:Sons of Liberty. Thank you for that. As it turns out, and as a result, I'm under a bit of a siege over on . I've been trying to defend myself against bullying by User:Beyond My Ken there, but he seems to be having some success gaining traction with some false accusations against me -- that I'm a sock for a disruptive editor half way around the world from me. Anyway, if you could take a look at the AFI page and maybe help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.
WikiProject X Newsletter • Issue 4
Hello friends! We have been hard at work these past two months. For this report:
For the first time, we are happy to bring you an exhaustive, comprehensive WikiProject Directory. This directory endeavors to list every single WikiProject on the English Wikipedia, including those that don't participate in article assessment. In constructing the broadest possible definition, we have come up with a list of approximately 2,600 WikiProjects. The directory tracks activity statistics on the WikiProject's pages, and, for where it's available, statistics on the number of articles tracked by the WikiProject and the number of editors active on those articles. Complementing the directory are description pages for each project, listing usernames of people active on the WikiProject pages and the articles in the WikiProject's scope. This will help Wikipedians interested in a subject find each other, whether to seek feedback on an article or to revive an old project. (There is an opt-out option.) We have also come up with listings of related WikiProjects, listing the ten most relevant WikiProjects based on what articles they have in common. We would like to promote WikiProjects as interconnected systems, rather than isolated silos.
A tremendous amount of work went into preparing this directory. WikiProjects do not consistently categorize their pages, meaning we had to develop our own index to match WikiProjects with the articles in their scope. We also had to make some adjustments to how WikiProjects were categorized; indeed, I personally have racked up a few hundred edits re-categorizing WikiProjects. There remains more work to be done to make the WikiProject directory truly useful. In the meantime, take a look and feel free to leave feedback at the WikiProject X talk page.
What have we been working on?
- A new design template—This has been in the works for a while, of course. But our goal is to design something that is useful and cleanly presented on all browsers and at all screen resolutions while working within the confines of what MediaWiki has to offer. Additionally, we are working on designs for the sub-components featured on the main project page.
- A new WikiProject talk page banner in Lua—Work has begun on implementing the WikiProject banner in Lua. The goal is to create a banner template that can be usable by any WikiProject in lieu of having its own template. Work has slowed down for now to focus on higher priority items, but we are interested in your thoughts on how we could go about creating a more useful project banner. We have a draft module on Test Wikipedia, with a demonstration.
- New discussion reports—We have over 4.8 million articles on the English Wikipedia, and almost as many talk pages as well. But what happens when someone posts on a talk page? What if no one is watching that talk page? We are currently testing out a system for an automatically-updating new discussions list, like RFC for WikiProjects. We currently have five test pages up for the WikiProjects on cannabis, cognitive science, evolutionary biology, and Ghana.
- SuggestBot for WikiProjects—We have asked the maintainer of SuggestBot to make some minor adjustments to SuggestBot that will allow it to post regular reports to those WikiProjects that ask for them. Stay tuned!
- Semi-automated article assessment—Using the new revision scoring service and another system currently under development, WikiProjects will be getting a new tool to facilitate the article assessment process by providing article quality/importance predictions for articles yet to be assessed. Aside from helping WikiProjects get through their backlogs, the goal is to help WikiProjects with collecting metrics and triaging their work. Semi-automation of this process will help achieve consistent results and keep the process running smoothly, as automation does on other parts of Wikipedia.
Want us to work on any other tools? Interested in volunteering? Leave a note on our talk page.
The database report which lists WikiProjects according to the number of watchers (i.e., people that have the project on their watchlist), is back! The report stopped being updated a year ago, following the deactivation of the Toolserver, but a replacement report has been generated.
Please comment on Talk:Political positions of Jeb Bush
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Political positions of Jeb Bush. Legobot (talk) 00:02, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
We do have consistency. I also moved Scott Walker down on the main page. I noted this in my edit summary, which you should have read prior to reverting my edit. I will restore my edit if you don't mind. Walker hasn't set a date, just a rough week. This isn't an impending announcement. Kasich said he's be in by the end of June, but that isn't looking likely, so far. Spartan7W § 18:37, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for participating in the discussion I linked to. A consensus of some kind needs to be reached to avoid revert warring. Note that Walker is still listed under "Announcements impending" at Republican Party presidential primaries, 2016.--JayJasper (talk) 18:56, 27 June 2015 (UTC)