|15 July 2017|
For older history, check  as well as the archives.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
You had unblocked @NadirAli: on December 2016 as last chance. He has been blocked for disruptive editing, creating sockpuppets, IP socking, edit warring, bad image uploads, he has been through indefinite block by @Ohnoitsjamie:. He is blocked again for edit-warring to push original research. --Marvellous Spider-Man 12:00, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- My "last chance" had to do with image uploads. I'm not going to revisit his behavior from almost a decade ago. It is quite the impressive block log, certainly. --jpgordon𝄢𝄆 𝄐𝄇 14:10, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
Please protect German version of Ismael Ogando
The Page is target of Vandalism, could you help protect the page i n the German Wiki? The Spanish and English are ok. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cocainaenvenenada (talk • contribs) 09:39, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, user:Cocainaenvenenada, Jpgordon is sysop at en-wiki, not at de-wiki. You are edit-warring against a number of other users so the article was protected. The discussion if you better should be blocked, also is still on, your comments are welcome over there: de:Wikipedia:Vandalismusmeldung#Benutzer:Cocainaenvenenada
- Please also contribute to the deletion request for your article at de-wiki. There are different rules on what can have an article in the different language versions of Wikipedia. --Pentachlorphenol (talk) 10:07, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- btw, Cocainaenvenenada, you really should refrain from placing uw-vblock-tags to talk pages of other users. First, this one is restricted to sysops, second, this template does not work at de-wiki, anyway. --Pentachlorphenol (talk)
Well, well. That's a slightly different unblock request reason. It is clear enough that she was and is acting in good faith; it is just that what she wants to do in good faith is contrary to the purposes of Wikipedia. Robert McClenon (talk) 02:24, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- Should I have been clearer and kinder in my explanation? It does look a bit terse. --jpgordon𝄢𝄆 𝄐𝄇 17:49, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
Unblock request on old block by you
WP:UTRS. I'm handling the ticket, and I've requested a Checkuser to determine if there is any recent repeat of the damaging IP editing. Would you have any issues with me handling the request on my own judgement? Given the age of the block and the routine nature I doubt you would, but as a courtesy I figure you ought to be consulted. Regards, The WordsmithTalk to me 14:35, 12 July 2017 (UTC), who you indeffed in 2011 for BLP vio as an IP, is requesting unblock through
- I certainly don't remember what IP or what BLP issues this was all about, and of course I didn't reveal it anywhere. I just ran a CheckUser, and it came up blank. I'd recommend asking this person if they can tell you what they got blocked for in the first place. Simply saying "It has been years since I was originally blocked and have moved beyond the behaviour that led to the block." doesn't indicate any understanding of why they were blocked. But yes, go ahead and handle it yourself. --jpgordon𝄢𝄆 𝄐𝄇 14:42, 12 July 2017 (UTC)