User talk:Mike Halterman/archive7
This archive is for notes addressed to me, written from August 12 to August 28, 2004. However, a Snap Cup was moved from the front page into Archive 7, and thus the earliest entries on this page date from August 9.
- 1 Snap Cup!
- 2 Gotcha...?
- 3 Response
- 4 atwt, again
- 5 Leaving?
- 6 Hi.
- 7 Welcome back!
- 8 hey
- 9 Candice Earley
- 10 Anne Meacham
- 11 Sorry about the template
- 12 All My Afternoons
- 13 Frank and Doris Hursley
- 14 Michael Nader
- 15 Corrie
- 16 Erica Kane
- 17 Miami-Dade
- 18 AMC
- 19 Lisa Whelchel
- 20 And now for something completely different...
- 21 I'll play nice.
- 22 Userpage vandalism
- 23 AMC
- 24 Netoholic
- 25 Late Night with Our Mike
- 26 VfD policy for dicdefs?
- 27 Fun with the Bandit
Remember Legally Blonde 2? Well, when Elle was feeling down, she needed compliments in the snap cup. I'm feeling really depressed (about Wiki as well as matters from my real life), and I need a kind word right about now. Please list your snap cup entries in this space below:
*snap snap snap*
- Don't worry, be happy and all that good stuff. :) You just have some pre-college jitters. --mav
- You do a lot of good work here, and it's appreciated. →Raul654 02:32, Aug 9, 2004 (UTC)
- You make going on #wikipedia worthwhile. - Mark 02:42, 9 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Your screencaps are second to none! Also, you simply rock. -- Hadal 11:15, 9 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- You're a good guy, and I (for one) am grateful for your balancing out the Pokédex with some wholesome soap opera articles. Austin Hair 01:22, Aug 10, 2004 (UTC)
- I approve of all thinigs MikeH. -- Methylsoy 00:23, 10 Aug, 2004 (EST)
- Blessed be Our Mike, for he is a stalwart ally and true. Soap opera fans, see his mighty works and tremble! BTW, why not write a quickie about John Callahan before you-know-who does? - 220.127.116.11 00:02, 11 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Oi, who is this? Ralphie? Mike H 00:03, Aug 11, 2004 (UTC)
- "Oi" is right. I forgot to sign in (blush). - Lucky 6.9 00:04, 11 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- I'm in favor of you and your snap cup. Go go go MikeH! Thirdreel 18:16, 11 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- You will be a fine college student. Thank you for your immensely worthwhile contributions. Neutrality 23:22, 11 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Oh no! Take some time off, and come back strong--this place is much improved by your presence. Good luck at school, it all turns out better than you think (especially if you're in Tampa instead of Chicago--it's freezing outside!). Hope I see you around here again, and good luck. [[User:Meelar|Meelar (talk)]] 18:55, 2004 Aug 13 (UTC)
Doggone, I thought for sure you'd get a kick out of the fake B-Movie Bandit stub I lifted from your new "Peyton Place" article and left on the other page. Either that or you're trying to think of a way to get even. Don't wanna think about that! - Lucky 6.9 23:26, 12 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Listen, have a safe trip and avoid those tropical storms, y'hear? - Lucky 6.9 00:51, 13 Aug 2004 (UTC)
I got my info from the National Hurricane Center, which may have different info from its parent agency NOAA, but I trust NHC more. NOAA probably filters the NHC advisories for better public consumption; check http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ for where my figures come from. I'm not insinuating anything at all, but the information is probably identical (70 miles SSW of Ft Myers is probably close to 240 miles SSW of Orlando), though I don't know why the speeds would be different. The NHC advisory also didn't mention possible strengthening to cat 4. However, I will change "late" to afternoon. I was in the middle of writing the article and got an edit conflict with numbers I didn't recognize, but mine matched the NHC, so I decided to go with mine. What URL did you get your numbers from? One error I made though, the storm IS moving NNE instead of North as I put.
I did not mean to imply at all that you were a liar, the numbers were just unfamiliar to me. I figured the NHC should be the primary source for such numbers, unless they've changed since the last advisory. --Golbez 17:39, 13 Aug 2004 (UTC)
yeah, i actually just discovered from my mother that we own an immensely thick book with the entire history of as the world up to about 10 years ago or so, probably more. I can already invision the long wiki night in my head...;)
Well, that's good. I saw the stressmeter and the announcement, and assumed the worst. Good luck with the move (I'll be doing it in about a week, so I have some sympathy). Yours, [[User:Meelar|Meelar (talk)]] 17:50, 2004 Aug 16 (UTC)
- I'm up for adminship yet again. If you could vote in support on RfA, I'd be grateful. Thanks, Neutrality 20:41, 16 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Great to have you back, and great news about actually hearing from a soap actress! Talk about the same age...she's only four days older than I am. :^) - Lucky 6.9 21:12, 19 Aug 2004 (UTC)
I'm still confused why you gave me that barnstar. I know I welcome people and all, but why of all people give me a barnstar? It has had me severely confused since it happened. W the number of people who think I'm a psycho nut-job, and the number of people who do one thing or another worthy of praise, why me? Just curious, Sam [Spade] 00:57, 20 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Hi. I've made a proposal on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (television) and asked that we restart the poll using more formal procedures and make it more publicised. Perhaps you would like to comment. I've asked Sean Curtain if he would like to administer the poll. I don't feel up to it myself due the my recent direct confrontations with Netoholic which has left me somewhat drained. Perhaps you might like to be involved in this also. Much appreciated. 10:00, 21 Aug 2004 (UTC)
SOAPnet shows old 1980s episodes? I wish I could get it! Yes, as far as I know, Mitchell is gay. I wanted to somehow put it into the article, but he's never come out, so I didn't feel quite right about it. Now, Louis Edmonds was out, and lived with his partner for several years, so that could be added to his article. RickK 19:24, Aug 21, 2004 (UTC)
The Jenny in New York storyline was, IMO, the best storyline AMC has ever done (up there with Georgie's heart transplant on GH). Yes, unfortunately, the show has really gone downhill. All of this baby swap garbage on both AMC and OLTL just doesn't work, and they've spoiled the character of JR. RickK 19:34, Aug 21, 2004 (UTC)
The problem with JR is that they dumped Jesse McCartney, the only JR that long-time viewers will ever consider the real JR. They wanted to age him so they could do this stoopid Babe/JR/Jamie thing, and Jesse's mother didn't want him involved in the storyline (he's only 17). I had heard SOMETHING about Jacob Young and the Nikolas guy, I don't remember what. Whatever happened to the other Nikolas? Speaking of which, what's up with Tyler Christopher always winding up in real life with his co-stars? RickK 19:55, Aug 21, 2004 (UTC)
Is there somewhere where somebody SAID she was hired to improve the cast? Or is there a fan site that suggest that? Maybe if you quote a source. I'm out of here -- have to go run some errands. Will be back in a while. RickK 20:00, Aug 21, 2004 (UTC)
Sorry about the template
I apologize for chopping it off. I was doing little cuts and snip-its to the OLTL site and thought that if I chopped off some of the soaps on the template box that it would only affect the OLTL site. It was only afterwards I realized my mistake and tried to fix it.
All My Afternoons
Frank and Doris Hursley
Thanks for the correction. I thought I knew what I was talking about but I left Florida in 1995. (Tampa is my favorite city in FL - used to do Naval Reserve duty there). H2O 12:42, 24 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- You'll like Tampa. I spent many a Saturday evening at Harbour Island or going to the movies at Old Hyde Park Village. H2O 13:59, 25 Aug 2004 (UTC)
I saw this and thought it might amuse you: "Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair on the popular 1980s TV series Facts of Life, is an advocate and practitioner of "hot saucing.""  -- Nunh-huh 22:52, 24 Aug 2004 (UTC)
And now for something completely different...
Candace Early stars in All My Children from 1976 to 1992.
Donna Pescow stars in such shows as Angie and All My Children.
See? ANYONE can do it! You know, you could really save yourself some work... - Lucky 6.9 23:25, 24 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Diggin' the happy faces! I needed a lift. - Lucky 6.9 04:49, 25 Aug 2004 (UTC)
I'll play nice.
Aww, come on guy, I'm just playing. And, to be fair, it were on my talk page. I never said anything nasty to you did I? If so I'm sorry. I have a personal level of respect and affection for that cyrius guy in that we're both working towards a common goal, but taking completely differant roads. It's similar to the affection between Peter Cook and David Frost, of Eric Morecambe and Des O'Connor. He did really wind me up once over something, and I think I was offencive to him. I can't justify that. But that whole skit thing was just a laugh. maybe, because it was just in writing and therefore devoid of emotion it seems more abrasive than it was ever actually intended to be. For that, again, I apologise, It's just something I'll have to watch out for in future. Also, I don't get who this collective is who I am upsetting. Cyrius, I can understand (now), you apparently, (though any previous dealing between us, I'm afraid, escapes my memory), who else? Is there like, a secret 'we hate Joe' society? Can I join?! Also, how did you know I wrote that? Why were you on my talk page? (SEE! That sounded a bit abrasive reading it back to myself, but actually, it was just out of interest). Anyway, for my sins, I am indeed sorry. I will be more careful with the wording of my posts in future, and if you ever need any help (I'm not sure what yer 'field' is) I'd like to think you could feel free to come to me. Although I'll probobly be little help. Again, I am genuinely sorry and repentant, and I hope no one feels the need to work against me in any way. --Crestville 19:35, 25 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Oh now I remember you! No, you definately did take that the wrong way. I even put something to that effect on my talk page (I didn't know how the whole system worked back then, I know, I should've put it on yours). Yeah, I just felt it was a bit cruel of you to inquire avbout the entertainment unit thing, without telling me it were up for deletion, and then go and use what I had said to go behind my back (or, at least, thats how I felt). Nah, I definately went over the top when I found out about that though. I sent alot of people posts and stuff, but so far as I can remember, It was only poor old Cyrius who I set out to offend (I think he wrote something particularly derogotory). Everyone else I wrote to (you may have been one) I was simply trying to get an explanation from. Anyway, sorry yet again. Also, I'm still waiting on my application forms to the 'I Hate Joe' club. I bet I hate me more than you do. --Crestville 20:05, 25 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Like I told Grunt, it's amazing how much can happen during one's lunch break. And just to reciprocate your kind affirmation, neither are you ugly or a [insert homophobic pejorative]. :-) (By the way, thanks for correcting that typo on my userpage a while back -- I've been meaning to drop you a line, but somehow it slipped my mind.) Thanks again, Diberri | Talk 20:46, Aug 26, 2004 (UTC)
Could you look over what I wrote? The 2000s is a little skimpy -- I wasn't able to watch during all of the Ryan/Alexander Cambias stuff, so I'm not really sure what happened over Michael's murder and the will stuff. RickK 22:54, Aug 26, 2004 (UTC)
I didn't add Bianca's lovers because they weren't that major as far as long-term plots were involved. I hesitated adding Zach Slater into the mix since we don't really know who he is yet, though I suspect he's Alexander Cambias, Junior.
- Wow. If one wants to say something bitchy about someone and one doesn't want the party to know, it's called e-mail. I knew that and you know that. It's just surprising is all. Mike H 23:54, Aug 26, 2004 (UTC)
Late Night with Our Mike
Dude, you be up late! I was just shutting down. Oh, and Lucky got lucky. I found a screen capture of Judith Chapman on a DOOL fansite! I swung by the restaurant Wednesday night, but I just missed her. Might try again tonight. - Lucky 6.9 07:01, 27 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Sleep tight. If I can hook up with JC, you'll be first to know. 'Night! - Lucky 6.9 07:06, 27 Aug 2004 (UTC)
VfD policy for dicdefs?
Good afternoon, Mike H. In light of the discussion at Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Sty and its reference on the RfA page, I have opened a discussion thread at Wikipedia talk:Deletion policy#Dictionary Definitions. I'd be interested in your thoughts. Thanks.
By the way, I realize that I may be jeapordizing my nomination but we appear to have uncovered some ambiguity in the proper interpretation of our deletion policy. Resolving that ambiguity is more important than any one nomination. Rossami 20:43, 27 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Fun with the Bandit
Sorry, pal. Both of us know that (a) a threat like that won't phase him, (b) nothing bothers a bot and (c) the FBI couldn't care less about this monkey. I figured it was worth a shot, anyway. :^) - Lucky 6.9 06:08, 28 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- Ah, ha! I was shocked to see ol' Niteowl sans Barnstars! So, I gave him one for rebuilding the Bandit stubs...even though he voted against my adminship. :^) Seriously, anyone who wants to do anything beyond formatting these things is deserving of a bevy of Barnstars. - Lucky 6.9 06:56, 28 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Looking good on that Jed Allen article. I'd rather see one of these things expanded than merely formatted. - Lucky 6.9 22:42, 28 Aug 2004 (UTC)