- 1 WikiWomen's Collaborative: Come join us (and check out our new website)!
- 2 Casimir Effect image used by Scientific American
- 3 Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2013 March 8
- 4 Age of consent World Map
- 5 Wikmaps grant request : we need your support
- 6 Hello! and update?
- 7 File:Age of Consent - North America.svg
- 8 need black and white version of Standard Model of Elementary Particles
- 9 ArbCom elections are now open!
WikiWomen's Collaborative: Come join us (and check out our new website)!
|WikiWomen - We need you!
|Hi MissMJ! The WikiWomen's Collaborative is a group of women from around the world who edit Wikipedia, contribute to its sister projects, and support the mission of free knowledge. We recently updated our website, created new volunteer positions, and more!
Get involved by:
Casimir Effect image used by Scientific American
FYI, the version of the Casimir Effect image you made was used as an illustration on the Scientific American website here: www
- Of course my worst illustration is the one that ends up somewhere respectable. ;) Oh well, at least it was useful to somebody! Thank you for letting me know! —MissMJ (talk) 03:57, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
File:Doc balt flot1.jpg, File:200318-karta70-406.jpg, File:List of Russian military bases abroad.JPG, File:Far Eastern Military District.JPG, File:Siberian Military District.JPG Can you help? Vyacheslav84 (talk) 11:58, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
Age of consent World Map
I have a question relating your world map about ages of consent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg 1.Are you sure with Peru? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_South_America#Peru This link and other sources state an actual age of 14. 2.About Spain: There is a draft to raise the minimum age of consent but as far as I know it is not the law in place. It is still being discussed. The source given below the map (http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/09/spain-raises-age-of-consent-for-sex-marriage/) reaffirms that. Only the marriage age went to 16. The age of sexual consent is currently 13. Look also here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#Spain Thanks alot for your efforts.
- I created the map based on information I had at the time, and I am not interested in being the one keeping it up to date. Anyone is free to update it—a fairly simple task that only requires a basic text editor—as laws and verified sources change. If you do not feel confident in editing it yourself, please place a request over at Wikipedia:Graphics Lab/Map workshop. Thank you! —MissMJ (talk) 04:09, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Wikmaps grant request : we need your support
Long time not seen. I learned from the GIS tutorial experience and push once more for better maps on Wikipedia: I just publicly announced a grant request on the Map Workshop talkpage. Please take a look, and support us on meta ! Cheer ! Yug (talk) 12:25, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
- Side note: Given you have access to the data, I think the Age of consent map may be designed easily using http://gunnmap.herokuapp.com , where you can load or paste your data. Yug (talk) 16:49, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello! and update?
Hi, Thanks for the graphics you do. I think you've done one of the graphics with which I'm familiar. It is located here: Standard_Model_of_Elementary_Particles.svg
That is, if I'm reading that you are the author correctly. I like the new version much better than the old. If this isn't yours; perhaps you could help me understand how to find the person who did do it... it would be much appreciated.
You may or may not know there is a new mass for the Top Quark: SymmetryMagazine March-2014 LHC and Levatron Share First Joint Result
the value is 173.34 ± 0.76 GeV/c2.
PS. I'm not familiar with SVG files much, but what I've read sounds interesting. Can you tell me how they're made, or what you use to create or edit them? Any help, much appreciated. That way I can help the community. I've read that .svg is preferred.
Thanks once again for your work. I look forward to hearing from you.
File:Age of Consent - North America.svg
need black and white version of Standard Model of Elementary Particles
I am a phd candidate in philosophy of science. I need a greyscale or black and white version of the following image for my thesis:
Changes that I need:
1. All in greyscale.
2. Some separation between different groups of particles (instead of four colors used) to make groupings clear.
3. No brown loops for visual indication of forces as in the following image:
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:38, 23 November 2015 (UTC)