- 1 Proposed Merge Routing
- 2 Problem on the changes in the intro of Routing protocol article.
- 3 Routing Table Article
- 4 Your Invited to Join the Computer Networking Project
- 5 Majorization
- 6 Your participation requested
- 7 WP:COMPUTING Invitation
- 8 Intergrated banner for WikiProject Computer networking
- 9 A study on how to cover scientific uncertainties/controversies
- 10 AfD nomination of List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming
Proposed Merge Routing
In my mind your merge is a real bad idea.
However this article needs to be fixed not merged. It needs to be fixed, not merged. I am currently working on something else but I will get back to this. I would request that you reconsider your merge request. --14:04, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
Problem on the changes in the intro of Routing protocol article.
There is a problem with your trim of the intro of the article. It was written this way so the maint tag could be removed. With the infomation removed the into, needs the maint tag place back on it. Basically wiki feels that the intro lacks information for a casual reader to understand what the article is about. Your trim removed the info. I understand what you did but I think you need to write the intro so that someone that does not know anything will get a basic concept. Not sure what you would prefer. The maint. tag back and then the whole thing needs to be re-written or the info reverted. --02:57, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
Ps, wiki links cannot be used in section headers in articles as I do in this one for example.
- OK (though I wasn't the one that put them there). --Nethgirb 03:39, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
Nethgirb, I need to go but I want to leave you this note: I wrote the intro in this fashion because I removed the maint tag that complained the intro was two short and did not explain things in simple terms. Your trim would have required the maint tag be put back on because it was too short and did not explain enough to the avg user. I opted to revert it so I did not have to put the tag back on. Anything after that intro feel free to edit.
If you want to edit the intro, it has to talk about more than routing protocols this is what the maint tag was complaining about in the first place. Besides the editor that placed it there wanted basic background. --03:10, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'll reply to this on the article talk page. --Nethgirb 03:39, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
Routing Table Article
Please let me know your thoughts on merging Routing table with Router. I do not really see the need for this article as seperated. We could just maked a redirect to point to the article section in Router for those looking for the info directly. Thanks! -- 15:59, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't know about that article. Merging seems like a very good plan. --Nethgirb 21:44, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Unfortunately we may have a problem. Howard has written a number of articles as stand alone stubs. From what he is doing I am concerned that an Admin will take action on this. I would like to avoid this. The articles cannot be written in the way that is teaching reference material. I have tagged the article and I have pointed it to an admin for help. As long as at least other admin says ok. There will be no problem in my mind. -- 16:23, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
Your Invited to Join the Computer Networking Project
If you did not join already. I invite you to join the Networking Project that I am already a member of. Wikipedia:WikiProject_Computer_networking just edit the page and add your user name to join. Once you are a member you can ask others to join and hopefully we can work as a team and clean up and expand the networking articles. -- 16:23, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks, I'll take a look --Nethgirb 20:37, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
I hope you're not going around routinely changing inline non-TeX mathematical notation to TeX indiscrinately. The article titled majorization has far to much inline TeX and should get cleaned up, changing most of it to non-TeX and setting most inline TeX in \scriptstyle. See Wikipedia:Manual of Style (mathematics). Michael Hardy 23:53, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
- Which of my edits are you referring to? As for majorization, yes, it's got a lot of TeX in it. Feel free to try beautifying it. --Nethgirb 02:01, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
- That edit actually reduced the number of inline images by one :-). I suppose which notation is more appealing is always going to be rather subjective, but thanks for pointing it out—I will keep this in mind for future edits. I suppose the best solution would be if WP had nicer-looking inline TeX. --Nethgirb 05:42, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
Your participation requested
(Cross-posted to several users' talk pages)
I have noticed that you are already a member of a related project and thought you might be interested in this wikiproject also and hence leaving this note ... - From the outreach dept
I have made a proposal for a intergrated banner for the project here . I invite you for your valuable comments in the discussion. You are receiving this note as you are a member of the project. Thanks -- Tinu Cherian - 11:08, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
A study on how to cover scientific uncertainties/controversies
Hi. I would like to ask whether you would agree to participate in a short survey on how to cover scientific uncertainties/controversies in articles pertaining to global warming and climate change. If interested, please get in touch via my talkpage or email me Encyclopaedia21 (talk) 18:07, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
AfD nomination of List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming
An editor has nominated one or more articles which you have created or worked on, for deletion. The nominated article is List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming. We appreciate your contributions, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in his/her nomination (see also Wikipedia:Notability and "What Wikipedia is not").
Your opinions on whether the article meets inclusion criteria and what should be done with the article are welcome; please participate in the discussion(s) by adding your comments to Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming (3rd nomination). Please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
You may also edit the article during the discussion to improve it but should not remove the articles for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate.
Please note: This is an automatic notification by a bot. I have nothing to do with this article or the deletion nomination, and can't do anything about it. --Erwin85Bot (talk) 01:16, 23 October 2009 (UTC)