|This talk page is automatically archived. Any threads with no replies in 28 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|Hello Nettrom, Eduemoni↑talk↓ has given you a shinning smiling star! You see, these things promote WikiLove and hopefully this has made your day better. Spread the Shinning Smiling Star whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past or someone putting up with some stick at this time. Enjoy!|
I'm interested in your bot in Persian wikipedia, but my talk pages is Flow, so bot doesn't work in it, can you add support of it to the bot ?
- Hi MohammadtheEditor, thanks for being interested in SuggestBot and asking about this! Supporting Flow is on my list of things to add. I am currently working on fixing a bug with our subscriptions, once that is fixed I am thinking Flow should be the next thing I work on. SuggestBot is now on three Wikipedias where some users have Flow (Persian, Norwegian, and French), so it is definitely a feature that I will add. Regards, Nettrom (talk) 18:49, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|Thank you for managing SuggestBot! It makes my work on improving Wikipedia much easier, and I think it helps a lot of other people, too! Thanks again! —Editor 357 (Talk • Contributions) 16:09, 13 December 2016 (UTC)|
- Hi Editor 357, thanks so much, happy to hear that SuggestBot is useful! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 17:34, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
- Glad to brighten your day! I have one question for you: How exactly did you get your talk page to archive automatically? I am having trouble getting my talk page to do just that. Could you please give me advice on how to fix my archival problem/edit my talk page so it works for me? Thanks so much! —Editor 357 (Talk • Contributions) 17:52, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|For working tirelessly on SuggestBot and it's code, and for bringing it online ASAP when it goes down! Thank you for maximizing SuggestBot's potential, and for sending me and countless others helpful and accurate suggestions! UN$¢_Łuke_1Ø21Repørts 13:44, 15 December 2016 (UTC)|
- Hi UN$¢_Łuke_1Ø21, thanks so much for the barnstar and the kind words, really appreciate that! Also happy to hear that SuggestBot is working well for you, I'm hoping to be able to continue improving it in the future. Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 21:27, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost barnstar
|The Signpost Barnstar|
|For contributing to multiple Signpost "Recent research" reports in 2016. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! --Pine✉ 02:29, 25 December 2016 (UTC)|
- Hi Pine, thank you so much for the barnstar! Hope you are having a Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year as well! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 22:04, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
Please improve SuggestBot
SuggestBot should check Google to see if the only way to contribute to the page is by using copyvios. Those pages should be removed from the list before they are sent. — Preceding unsigned comment added by David Dylan (talk • contribs) 13:46, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi David Dylan, thanks for getting in touch and for bringing up an interesting idea! I am not sure I understand how this problem manifests itself, and therefore don't really know if it can be solved either. Do you have an example article that you were suggested where this was a problem? Regards, Nettrom (talk) 22:41, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
This is the problem. SuggestBot brought me to that page, and the following list was deleted due to copyvios. However, it is more a matter of the copyright implications of verifiable lists, now that I think of it. (David Dylan (talk) 22:58, 19 January 2017 (UTC))
- Hi Dawid2009, sorry to hear SuggestBot isn't working as you want it to. I see that it has recently posted several times to User talk:Dawid2009/Archive 3, so I am a bit confused. Do you want a page like User talk:Dawid2009/Suggestions that you can use just for SuggestBot? Regards, Nettrom (talk) 16:36, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I do. Exacly it.
Proposal: Add three missing blocks to the Help out section
See Wikipedia talk:Community portal#Archive_18. I truly hope that another three sections "Create these articles", "Represent a worldwide view" and "Add historical information" can be added to Wikipedia:Community portal/Opentask.--RekishiEJ (talk) 08:08, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the ping, I've responded on the Community Portal's talk page. Posting a short response here so this thread can be archived when necessary. Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 21:42, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
A cup of coffee for you!
|Thanks a lot for the answer at EpochFail's page. Wikipedians have asked this question repeatedly over years and I had a sense that somehow it had become answerable with the availability of new tools. You pieced it together and now I get to see interesting information which no one has seen before, and also we have a general solution to the problem. I will write this entire process out somewhere, and I also plan to share these results. Thanks for commenting on the problem and finding a solution - this is very interesting. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:52, 19 May 2017 (UTC)|
- Hi Blue Rasberry , thanks so much for the coffee! I literally went and got myself a cup shortly afterwards, actually. Very happy to hear I was able to help you get the data you needed! I used the Wikidata Query Service for similar things when I was investigating the categories of articles in WP:MED that get Low-importance ratings, so when I read your description I knew I could combine some of the queries I had already used. Then it's easy to download a dataset for further processing like you did. Thanks again for the coffee, and by the way, also thanks for the great feedback on our work with importance predictions in WP:MED, much appreciated! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 18:39, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Your opinion/suggestion would be appreciated a lot! Thanks :-) —usernamekiran(talk) 19:44, 24 May 2017 (UTC)