|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Wikipedia Karachi meetup (October 2009)
|Are you from Pakistan? A Wikipedia meetup is taking place on October 18, 2009 in Karachi. If you are interested in coming or would like more information, see the first Karachi Meetup page.|
- Just keep in touch with Karachi Meetup page. -- 06:22, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
Karachi meetup, a success
Hi, I was just watching the list of pakistanis on wikipedia where I got your name, after visiting your page I was really impressed by the way You expressed your thinkings. One will appreciate the qualities of being open minded and clear. I was really happy to find some SERIOUS pakistani here on wikipedia.
I am a pakistani student studying Medicine on HEC scholarship in CUBA. I know SPANISH but not English very well as I think you would have noticed. thanks —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:36, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Well sir, thank you. I believe Wikipedia is not the right place for being open minded (except for your user page or talk page). I will suggest you contribute constructively to the place especially, as you said, to the Pakistan related articles. I will also suggest you make an account and sign your posts by adding ~~~~ at the end. I see you or some other person using the same IP has been making unconstructive edits which has caused in blocking of the IP many times. Make an account to avoid any confusion and I can help you with the basics of the place. Regards Samar (Talk . Contributions) 14:55, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
I have proposed a project dedicated to the improvement of articles related to karachi. To show your support to the project please visit the project proposal page Wikipedia:WikiProject_Council/Proposals/Karachi. Thanks for all the support! Taqi Haider (talk) 10:12, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
AoA i need ur help in uploading a logo in infobox. kindly visit this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Space_Technology and replace with this http://www.flickr.com/photos/29539646@N08/4429212822/sizes/o/ logo ..thanks..
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, is currently undergoing a two-month trial scheduled to end 15 August 2010.
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under pending changes. Pending changes is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial. The list of articles with pending changes awaiting review is located at Special:OldReviewedPages.
When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.
I am sorry that i provided the wrong information about Islamabad as i am new to this work so i am alot un-experienced so i will like to work as your junior and i hope that i will learn many things from you. —Preceding unsigned comment added by San andrew (talk • contribs) 19:08, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- You don't have to be sorry for that, in the beginning we all go through this phase and I understand that reading all the policies is boring and at times its hard to understand them even though they are quite simple.
- First, whenever you write on a talk page, i.e the user talk page or article talk or any discussion board, after writing your message type ~~~~, this is basically your signature. It gives a link to your user page, your talk page and the date and time you wrote the message. If you do not type it, a bot will sign instead and leave you a warning message, like it has already done on your talk page. You should avoid these warnings.
- I will suggest not to create any new article or upload any image for now until you get used to of this place. A recent article that you created Best tourist destinations of pakistan does not belong to encyclopedia, rather it is a tourist guide sort of material.
- I suggest you create your own personalized sandbox on your talkpage where you can experiment in any form and no one will bother you. If you want I can create it for you.
- Wikipedia is not a place to be religious or patriotic so avoid any personalized views/statements. Work on facts. Avoid writing anything anywhere that might get you in trouble e.g. no attacks on any country or religion.
- I will suggest that we keep all conversation in one place, I'll reply everything here and leave a talkback template on your talk page, you can ask all your questions here. Regards Samar (Talk . Contributions) 08:10, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for File:Emilie Schindler.jpg
Thanks for uploading or contributing to File:Emilie Schindler.jpg. I notice the file page specifies that the file is being used under fair use but there is not a suitable explanation or rationale as to why each specific use in Wikipedia constitutes fair use. Please go to the file description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale.
If you have uploaded other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on those pages too. You can find a list of 'file' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "File" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free media lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 13:27, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
Template:Sister Cities of Islamabad has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:32, 21 December 2010 (UTC)