Hello, "Wikipedia1" and welcome to Wikipedia. A few tips for you:
- Peruse Wikipedia:Welcome, newcomers and associated pages, such as
- You can experiment in the Wikipedia:Sandbox.
- Sign talk page entries with ~~~~, which is automatically converted to a name and date.
- If you have any questions, see Wikipedia:Help, or you can a question at the Wikipedia:Help desk.
- I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian.
. Cheers, -- Infrogmation 00:56, 26 Sep 2004 (UTC)
Copyright problem: Stanislav Petrov
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia! We welcome and appreciate your contributions, such as Stanislav Petrov, but we regretfully cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from either web sites or printed material. This article appears to be a copy from http://www.brightstarsound.com/world_hero/article.html, and therefore a copyright violation. The copyrighted text has been or will soon be deleted.
If you believe that the article is not a copyright violation, or if you have permission from the copyright holder to release the content freely under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) then you should do one of the following:
- If you have permission from the author leave a message explaining the details at Talk:Stanislav Petrov and send an email with the message to "permissions-en (at) wikimedia (dot) org". See Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission for instructions.
- If a note on the original website states that re-use is permitted under the GFDL or released into the public domain leave a note at Talk:Stanislav Petrov with a link to where we can find that note.
- If you own the copyright to the material: send an e-mail from an address associated with the original publication to permissions-en(at)wikimedia(dot)org or a postal message to the Wikimedia Foundation permitting re-use under the GFDL, and note that you have done so on Talk:Stanislav Petrov.
It is also important that the text be modified to have an encyclopedic tone and that it follows Wikipedia article layout. For more information on Wikipedia's policies, see Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
If you would like to begin working on a new version of the article you may do so at Talk:Stanislav Petrov/Temp. Leave a note at Talk:Stanislav Petrov saying you have done so and an administrator will move the new article into place once the issue is resolved. Thank you, and please feel welcome to continue contributing to Wikipedia. Happy editing! Chealer 05:13, 26 October 2007 (UTC)
Hi, You have been involved in editing the article about Stanislav Petrov in the past. Following a discussion about splitting biographical data about the man involved from the article of the incident, I have been bold and made a cut at the changes required however I wanted to invite you to have a look at my edits on Stanislav Petrov and 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident and make any changes you think are required. Thanks! --Deadly∀ssassin 23:35, 20 August 2011 (UTC)