|Hello Ximaera. Welcome to the English version of Wikipedia|
|Thank you for your participation in this project. We hope that you will stay to contribute and that you will find the collaboration process enjoyable.|
|Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that started in 2001 and is free for all to use and edit under certain guidelines and principles that all users should understand and adhere to.
These principles and guidelines are listed below. Click on the link next to the images for more information.
|The five pillars of Wikipedia.
The fundamental principles of the project.
How to get help.
This tutorial is a basic guide to editing.
|Your user pages and your sandbox.
How to experiment and edit in your user space.
Request help in your first steps of editing.
|How to start a page.
Help on creating your first article.
|Things to avoid.
How to avoid common errors and mistakes.
How to write in an acceptable style.
|Main policies of Wikipedia.
Wikipedia's main policies and guidelines.
|Frequently asked questions.
Some common questions and their answers.
Here you can ask other editors for assistance
A handy quick reference guide for editing Wiki.
This is your Talk page where you can receive messages from other Wikipedians and discuss things with them. At the end of your messages you must put your signature by signing with four ~~~~ (just as I have done) or by pressing the button in the editor bar as shown here in the picture. By the way, you don't need to sign edits that you make in the articles themselves as those messages will be deleted. Another valuable page that may provide information and assistance is User:Persian Poet Gal/"How-To" Guide to Wikipedia. My name is Buster7. If you have any questions or face any initial hurdles, feel free to contact me on my talk page and I will do what I can to assist or give you guidance and contact information. Good Luck editing!
What was the bit you find offensive? I ask in order that I offend again. I had though I was keeping my tone neutral while expressing exasperation generally. Did you object to the invented tablophile term? --Falcadore (talk) 08:57, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- I personally don't see anything offensive in that thread. I've simply pointed to the fact that your response looks like breaking WP:Civility, and breaking WP:Civility is a good sign that the discussion should be stopped right now where it is.
- Another sign is that I've already apologized for accidentally using professional jargon, and you still say that I "believe the world communicates in jargon". I don't, but sometimes I forget what things my colleagues do know and others do not. Explaining this again and again is counter-productive: if I can't explain something to someone for the first time, maybe someone else should do it, not me. Ximaera (talk) 09:16, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- That isn't quite what I said regards jargon, but I take your point. I had gotten a little steamed about the implication that I was not contributing to expansion of race reports because I hadn't added to the one out of over 900 races being mentioned in example. So I apologise for the snap response. The unknown-to-myself definition of request also threw me despite the linked explanation.
- If you think it would help I could abandon working on the seasons I am working to tune up 1958? --Falcadore (talk) 10:17, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't implied anything like that. I'm used to express my thoughts literally on Wikipedia talk pages, so if I haven't said something, it means that I've never meant that. Probably, provided with this information, you can re-read the whole thread, so that my point of view will become more clear to you.
- If for any reason you ask me about it, please continue working on whatever you want to. You contribute a lot, so I'm very unlikely to be the one who is competent enough to give you advices on what to work on and what to not. Ximaera (talk) 10:41, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
Re: Fighting with Vandalism
Hi there, thanks for your offer of help. Unfortunately I don't know of a tool which helps you to watch all the race articles - I think we have to put each one on our watch list individually. If you click on the history of almost any race article from 2004-2012, you will see one or two (or more) edits by an IP address, changing the reasons for driver retirements. These are nearly always reverted by me, or User:Pyrope or User:Cs-wolves, or sometimes an admin. This one for example  is pretty bad. I have asked admins for help, but they say it's very difficult to block so many IPs. He's slowing down a little today and yesterday, but he's still continuing. If you can help at all, that would be fantastic. Thanks! :) Bretonbanquet (talk) 20:22, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
Mercedes team name
My reverting of that edit has nothing to do with the Mercedes team name, and everything to do with the order the teams appear in the team and driver table. That's what the discussion on the talk page was about. I was unaware that the Mercedes team name had even changed until you pointed it out to me.
However, I am not sure it should be changed back to "Mercedes GP". The reason is that although the FIA entry list gives the team name as "Mercedes GP", it also has Red Bull as "Red Bull Racing" rather than "Infiniti Red Bull Racing". Given that it also lacks certain drivers - namely Hulkenberg, Gutierrez, Ricciardo and Verge - when we know they have contracts for next season, the entry list is really only useful for car numbers. Prisonermonkeys (talk) 00:11, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, I got it.
- However, while the FIA entry list definitely doesn't reflect some recent team changes (like RBR's team name or even STR's drivers' confirmation) due to obvious delays in bureaucratic processes, I cannot quite figure out how Mercedes team could occasionally misreport its name to FIA. It has already changed its name back in 2012, so there's no sense in providing two-year-old documents for entry in 2013. So personally I think that this change is important enough to make its way to the article. Ximaera (talk) 00:26, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Hi Ximaera. FYI, I have started a discussion at WP:FORMULA1 regarding the "Reasons for retirements" table you added to BAR 01. You are welcome to participate in the discussion. DH85868993 (talk) 09:29, 6 November 2014 (UTC)