Here are some tips to help you get started:
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Follow the Wikipedia:Simplified Ruleset
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Gaman að heyra í þér, einmitt ekki margir hérna, ég er nú ekki jafn virkur hérna og ég var áður (er aðallega að dunda mér við að skrifa MediaWiki hugbúnaðin sem heldur víst þessari alfræðiorðabók saman) en ef ég geri einhverjar rassíur hérna er það aðallega á íslensku útgáfunni (sem vantar b.t.w. heimspeki og tölvuöryggisgreinar svona ef þú hefur áhuga:) —Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason 23:48, 2005 Jun 24 (UTC)
"(We don't need EVERY detail about his family tree, okay?)"
Hello Zarutian: I am almost in an editing war regarding an article [that I did not write] about Einar H. Kvaran. The last edit came with the comment "(We don't need EVERY detail about his family tree, okay?)" I figured that if every Icelander on wikipedia suggested that in fact we do need every detail - or at least a lot of them - then perhaps this person would back off a bit. If you go to the article and look at the history you will pick up the thread. Carptrash 17:33, 6 September 2005 (UTC) PS I just added myself to the Icelandic wikipedians list as being associated with Iceland, as oppoesed to living there. You might want to consider it.
Yep, I used to be Eek, the zo, many years ago (about 4 i might say?). Still one of my fondest Mac memories. :) JoeSmack [[User talk:JoeSmack|(talk)]] 02:29, 20 November 2005 (UTC)
Maybe you are interested in this project... --Michkalas 14:33, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
Re: Delta Tao
- I thought it was in the policy of deleting pages to also delete all redirects to it to prevent fubars such as this one Zarutian (talk) 00:23, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- I don't make the rules any more than you do. It baffles my mind that people show up to a website with millions of users and well-established rules, and when they realize they don't like the rules, instead of finding a different website that they like, they instead think they can dictate the rules for the existing website. Blows my mind. Anyway, if you continue to place inappropriate speedy-delete tags on articles, you will end up getting blocked. That is reality, my friend. If you don't like it, I don't know what to tell you. --Jaysweet (talk) 15:54, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- I have been an, imo, pretty good contributer to Wikipedia before these, imnho, asine policies were put in place by, imnho, busybodies --Zarutian (talk) 15:56, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
This'll be your only warning. Stop add csd templates without reason. Don't disrupt the wiki just to prove a point.
I've restored the history of this article per your request at deletion review. The history at the redirect, Delta Tao, was trivial and had no useful info so I haven't bothered to restore it. Let me know if I can be of further assistance - happy editing! ~ mazca talk 20:49, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I was trying to figure out how to email you, but seem to be at a loss. Either way, I would like your help in giving me advice in how to fend off a deletion tag on my article. I wrote an article called Canvass for a Cause, its a local community based activism group that fights for LGBT rights. As a gay man, I authored this article because this is am issue important to me. I tried my best to provide references to prohibit its deletion, but it appears I have flagged the watchful eye of some speedy deletion advocates. I noticed you are a conservationist, and wondered if I might solicit your advice in this matter. I realize that this might not be the proper venue, so feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have nay advice for me. Thank you for your time Xyxyboy (talk) 04:44, 28 March 2010 (UTC)