This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. of teams||Men: 12
|Men: Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler
The V.Challenge League is the second-level volleyball league for both men and women in Japan. The league started in 1998 as V1 League. In 2006 the name of V1.League was changed in the V.Challenge League. The Champion and runner-up team can play the replacement game with lower place teams of V.premier League.
On 2 February 2014 Japan Volleyball League Organization announced that:
- V.Challenge League will be divided into V.Challenge League 1 and V.Challenge League 2 from next season.
- V.Challenge League 1 include higher 8 teams in the 2014-15 season.
- V.Challenge League 2 include lower teams in the 2014-15 season.
- Associate teams of JVL will play in the V.Challenge League 2.
- Bottom team of V.Challenge League 1 and top team of V.Challenge League 2 will compete a Promotion and relegation match except associate teams.
V.Challenge League 1
The League currently consists of the following member clubs:
- Men (8 teams)
- Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler
- Fujitsu Kawasaki Redspirits
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police
- Daido Steel Red Star
- Tsukuba United Sun Gaia
- Toyota Motor Sunhawks
- Tokyo Verdy
- Saitama Azalea
- Women (8 teams)
- JT Marvelous
- PFU BlueCats
- Ohno-group Hiroshima Oilers
- Kurobe AquaFairies
- JAGifu Rio-Reina
- Sendai Belle Fille
- Forest Leaves Kumamoto
- Kashiwa Angel Cross
V.Challenge League 2
- Men (7 teams)
- Kinden TrinityBlitzs
- Hyōgō Delfino
- Kinki Club Sfida
- Tokyo Toyopet Greensparkle
- Chiba Zelva (Associate team)
- VC Nagano Tridents (Associate team)
- Nara NBK Dremaers (Associate team)
- Women (5 teams)
- GSS Sunbeams
- Toyota Motor Walküre
- Prestige International Aranmare (Associate team)
- Gunma Bank Green Wings (Associate team)
- Breath Hamamatsu (Associate team)
- http://www.vleague.or.jp/ - V.League and V.Challenge League official website (Japanese)