Vampirates: Tide of Terror
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Book cover of Vampirates: Tide of Terror
|Genre||Children's, Horror novel|
|Published||2006 (Little Brown & Simon & Schuster)|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Pages||432 pp (paperback edition)|
|ISBN||1-4169-0141-8 (paperback edition)|
|Preceded by||Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean|
|Followed by||Vampirates: Dead Deep|
The incredible adventures of twins Grace and Connor Tempest continue in the second Vampirates novel, Tide of Terror Connor may only be fourteen but he’s taken to the life of a pirate like a duck to water. But his loyalties are divided between his shipmates and his sister. Meanwhile, Grace isn’t finding pirate life so appealing. She cannot shake the feeling that all is not well on the Vampirate ship she has left behind. Dare she try to return to it? New experiences await them both, including a journey to the fabled Pirate Academy.
Characters in "Vampirates : Tide of Terror"
- Connor Tempest – Fourteen-year-old pirate protégé who loves the life of pirating; Twin brother of Grace Tempest.
- Grace Tempest – Fourteen-year-old who cares deeply for the Vampirates; Twin sister of Connor Tempest.
- Lorcan Furey – Midshipman - Rescues Grace in the first book of the series after seeing her struggling for life.(They are in love)
- Vampirate Captain – Mysterious captain of the Vampirate ship whose authority has been questioned by his crew.
- Darcy Flotsam – Figurehead of the Vampirate ship by day and vampire by night; Grace's friend.
- Sidorio – Vampire who resisted the authority of the Vampirate Captain, which resulted in banishment.
- Cheng Li – Former deputy of The Diablo and currently teacher at Pirate Academy.
- Captain Molucco Wrathe – Captain of The Diablo.
- Matilda "Ma" Kettle – Owner of Ma Kettle's Tavern.
- Shanti - Lorcan Furey's human donor.
- Bartholomew "Bart" Pearce – Fellow pirate aboard The Diablo and Connor's best friend. Cutlass cate – Becomes deputy of The Diablo once Cheng Li leaves; also known for swordsmanship and skill.
- Sugar Pie – Waitress at Ma Kettle's Tavern.ALso sings at parties
- Jez Stukeley – Used to be a pirate aboard The Diablo and another good friend of Connor, is now a Vampirate. His "master" is Sidorio
- Commodore Kuo - Headmaster of the Pirate Academy.
- Jacoby Blunt - Student at the Pirate Academy and becomes good friends with Connor, betrays him in The Lagoom of Doom(Pirate Academy)
- Jasmine Peacock - Student at Pirate Academy who is a good friend to Jacoby and Connor.
|This article about a young adult novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.