Van Buren (surname)
- Abigail Van Buren, pen name of the writer(s) of the "Dear Abby" column
- Adeline Van Buren, one of the Van Buren sisters, transcontinental motorcyclists
- Andrew Van Buren, British performer who specialises in magic, large scale-illusions and juggling
- Anita Van Buren, a fictional character on the television show Law & Order
- Augusta Van Buren, one of the Van Buren sisters, transcontinental motorcyclists
- Fred Van Buren, magical inventor & performer
- Jermaine Van Buren (born 1980), Major League Baseball player
- John Van Buren (US representative) (1799–1855), U.S. Representative from New York
- John D. Van Buren (1838–1918), an American civil engineer, naval engineer, lawyer, and politician
- John J. Van Buren (1915–1942), a U.S. Navy officer and pilot who received the Navy Cross and Distinguished Flying Cross
- Mabel Van Buren (1878–1947), American stage and screen actress
- Martin Van Buren (1782–1862), eighth President of the United States (1837–1841)
- Paul Van Buren, Christian theologian and author of the Secular Meaning of the Gospel
- Raeburn van Buren (1891–1987) American magazine and comic strip illustrator
- Steve Van Buren (1920–2012), professional American football player
- William Holme Van Buren (1819–1883), American surgeon
Dutch Royal Family
The name (van) "Buren" appears in the history of the Dutch royal house, being the family name of Anna van Egmond en Buren, the first wife of William I of Orange. Borrowing from this heritage, the Dutch royal family have used Count of Buren as a title or the surname "van Buren" in situations requiring anonymity.
- Princess Beatrix (formerly Queen Beatrix), the Countess of Buren (Dutch Gravin van Buren).
- King Willem-Alexander used the alias "Alexander van Buren" or a variant for anonymity purposes. For example during his University application he used "Alex van Buren". He also registered for the 1986 elfstedentocht as "W A van Buren".
- Van Buuren (surname), Dutch surname of the same origin and pronunciation
- Van Beuren, form of the surname that probably originated in the US
|surname Van Buren. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|