Vanessa Grout is an American real estate entrepreneur, investor and journalist. She was CEO of South Florida real estate brokerage Douglas Elliman from 2010-2013 during which time she restructured and expanded the company throughout South Florida. She is currently President of CMC Real Estate LLC, an affiliate of Miami, Florida based property development company CMC Group Inc., founded by Ugo Colombo (real estate) developer, and constructing Brickell Flatiron in downtown Miami. She is also a licensed attorney and real estate broker and a regular contributor to Forbes on the topics of real estate and business.
Vanessa Grout was appointed CEO of Douglas Elliman Florida by Howard Lorber, Chairman of Douglas Elliman Realty and CEO of Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE: VGR). Through its real estate arm, New Valley LLC, Vector Group owns Douglas Elliman Realty, the largest residential brokerage company in New York. In 2014 the company earned $543.2 million in revenue, and $18.2 billion in sales volume. The company currently has eleven offices throughout South Florida.
Vanessa Grout is a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO), a Founder of the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, and a member of the Board of Trustees for the Miami Science Museum. Vanessa Grout is on the Leadership Advisory Board of FIU College of Architecture and The Arts.
Grout was born in Miami, Florida, the daughter of Melanie and John Frederick Grout, Jr. She attended The Benjamin School, an independent college preparatory school in North Palm Beach, Florida. She earned her bachelor's degree from the University of Miami and an MBA in Finance from NYU Stern School of Business. While a law student in Miami, she clerked for attorney Roy Black, who defended William Kennedy Smith.
- Leclaire, Jennifer. "How Vanessa Grout Drove 400% Revenue Growth at Douglas Elliman". Globest.com.
- Kalis, Eric. "http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/2014/02/04/ugo-colombos-firm-hires-vanessa-grout/". External link in
- "http://bobmiami.com/2006/10/23/developer-profile-ugo-colombo/". External link in
- Abkowitz, Alyssa (2 July 2015). "Miami Condos Seek Chinese Buyers". Retrieved 25 June 2016 – via Wall Street Journal.
- Grout, Vanessa. "Florida Bar Listing". Florida Bar.
- Grout, Vanessa. "Forbes".
- Fernandez, Yudislaidy. "New York realty giant Douglas Elliman adds flagship office". Miami Today News.
- "Vector Group Annual Report". Vector Group.
- Fung, Amanda. "Douglas Elliman opens yet another Florida office". Crains.
- Grey, Melanie. "Elliman's Florida CEO on her nine new offices and what's up with buyers". The Real Deal.
- Britell, Alexander. "Douglas Elliman Florida CEO Vanessa Grout joins board of Frost Science Museum". The Real Deal.
- Northup, Evan. </ "FIU College of Architecture + The Arts Names Miami Beach Urban Studios Leadership Advisory Board". ABC News.
- Agolli, Eralda. "2013 Young Leader of the Year". Urban Land Institute.
- Fernandez, Barbara. "SFBJ 40 under 40". South Florida Business Journal.
- Smith, Thom. "Around Town: Big business, big names and a winning burger". The Coastal Star.
- Schneider, Karen S. "Love and the Law". People Magazine.