Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
|Founder||Dr. Jagdish Prasad|
|Principal||Dr. N N Mathur|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Affiliations||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC) is a medical college in New Delhi. It is attached with the famous Safdarjang Hospital for clinical teaching. The college runs under the umbrella of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College was established at Safdarjung Hospital (one of the largest hospitals in India, started during the Second World War) in November 2001. Padma Shree Dr. Jagdish Prasad is its founder principal.
The first batch of MBBS students joined the college in February 2002. More than ten batches have joined since. The college has recognition by the Medical Council of India. It is included in the World Directory of Medical Schools and the Avicenna Directory of Medicine.
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
Although the college began on a very modest note on infrastructure carved out of the portions of the Safdarjang Hospital. The college has a separate library building with an excellent collection of medical books and journals, and Internet facility. The college has a faculty in the pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical disciplines.
Nirvana is the official annual literary, socio-cultural and sports festival of Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi. It first started in 2004. Celebrities like the band Indian Ocean and Toshi have performed for a crowd that consisted of medical students from across the country as well as non-medical students and invitees from colleges affiliated to the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University and others, i.e., over 300 institutes.
- About Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
- "Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital Best Medicine Colleges 2012 India Today Survey". intoday.in. IndiaToday. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Affiliated colleges GGS Indraprastha University". ipu.ac.in. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Medical". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Top Medical Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC), Safdarjung Hospital". stupidsid.com. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Nirvana 13, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital". knowafest.com. Retrieved 6 July 2014.