McCasland pictured in The Prickly Pear 1920, Abilene Christian yearbook
September 27, 1896|
|Died||November 15, 1970
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Selby Vernon McCasland (September 27, 1896 – November 15, 1970) was a scholar of religion and was president of the American Academy of Religion in 1949. Earlier in life, he was a coach of American football at Abilene Christian University.
McCasland was the author of many books on religion.
- Boring, E. Disciples and the Bible: a History of Disciples Biblical Interpretation in North America. Chalice Press. p. 335. ISBN 9780827206502. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Range Rider, Volume 22, Number 11, January-February, 1971, Page: 16 | The Portal to Texas History". texashistory.unt.edu. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Past presidents of the AAR (accessed July 5, 2014).
- search in WorldCat (accessed July 5, 2014).
- 2008 Wildcat Football (media guide) ACU Record Book
- "Abilene Christian Coaching Records". cfbdatawarehouse.com. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
|This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|