Sahay at the San Diego Comic-Con International in 2011.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vikram "Vik" Sahay is a Canadian actor of Indian descent best known for playing Kevin Calvin on Radio Active and Lester Patel, a member of the Nerd Herd in the NBC television series Chuck on which he became a series regular from the second season, and Rama in the Roxy Hunter saga. Sahay's latest role is "Howard" on the NBC television sitcom Sean Saves the World premiering October 3, 2013.
Life and career
He learned to perform Indian classical dance with his brother Sidharth Sahay. In 1986 and 1987, he appeared on three episodes of the children's television show You Can't Do That on Television. He was also featured in the television series Radio Active, playing sportscaster Kevin Calvin. Based on that work, he was selected to appear in Our Hero as Dalal Vidya, for which he was nominated for a 2002 Canadian Comedy Award. Subsequently, he also portrayed attorney Anil Sharma on the CBC series This is Wonderland during its second and third seasons.
Sahay has appeared in such films as Roxy Hunter and the Mystery of the Moody Ghost, Good Will Hunting, eXistenZ, Hollow Point, Rainbow, The Ride, Wings of Hope, The Rocker, Amal, and Afghan Luke. He portrayed Lester Patel, the "HinJew" half of Jeffster!, on the television series Chuck. He played the role of Prateek Duraiswamy (Stifler's boss) in the film American Reunion. He was a guest star as a murder suspect on the FOX show Bones season 8 episode 13. In 2016 he had a guest starring role on the revival of The X-Files.
|Hollow Point||Livingston's assistant|
|1997||Good Will Hunting||Nemesh/M.I.T. Student # 3||Credited as "Vic Sahay"|
|2001||Wings of Hope||Ricky|
|2011||Afghan Luke||Imran Sahar|
|2012||American Reunion||Prateek Duraiswamy|
|2013||My Awkward Sexual Adventure||Dandak Sajal||Nominated – Canadian Comedy Award for Best Performance by a Male, Film|
|1996||Everything to Gain||Roland Jellico||TV Movie|
|1997||Balls Up||Debdash||TV Movie|
|Platinum||Anthony Medeci||TV Movie|
|1998–1999||Radio Active||Kevin Calvin||26 episodes|
|2000||The Ride||TV Movie|
|2000–2002||Our Hero||Dalal Vidya||11 episodes;
Nominated – Canadian Comedy Award Television for Pretty Funny Male Performance (2002)
|2005||This Is Wonderland||Anil Sharma||21 episodes|
|2007||Roxy Hunter and the Mystery of the Moody Ghost||Ramma||TV Movie|
|2007–2012||Chuck||Lester Patel||Series Regular; 80 episodes|
|2008||Roxy Hunter and the Myth of the Mermaid||Ramma||TV Movie|
|Roxy Hunter and the Secret of the Shaman|
|Roxy Hunter and the Horrific Halloween|
|2013||Bones||Akshay Mirza||Episode: "The Twist in the Plot"|
|2013||The Mentalist||Nicholas Vashum||Episode: "Black-Winged Redbird"|
|2013-2014||Sean Saves the World||Howard||Recurring|
|NCIS||Ajay Khan||Episodes: "Canary" and "House Rules"|
|2016||The X-Files||Gupta||Episode: "Founder's Mutation"|
|2016||Lucifer||Ray Codfree||Episode: "Sin-Eater"|
|2017||Grimm||Dr. Sanji Raju||Episode: "The Son Also Rises"|
|2017||Preacher||Frank Patel||Episode: "Mumbai Sky Tower"|
- "Comedy, Swordfish": 2009 interview in ''India Currents'' Magazine by Ranjit Souri. Indiacurrents.com (2009-02-16). Retrieved on 2012-05-05.
- "Vik Sahay (Amal) Interview 2008 | Movie Trailers and Videos". Tribute.ca. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Interview: Vik Sahay". NOW Toronto Magazine - Think Free. 22 September 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "'Chuck's' Vik Sahay Wraps on Lester: 'Don't Know If I'll Ever Feel the Same Singing Again'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Jester, Alice (19 April 2012). "A Busy Life After Chuck: Interview with Actor Vik Sahay". The Morton Report. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Ausiello, Michael; Ausiello, Michael (16 October 2012). "Bones Exclusive: Chuck Alum Vik Sahay Embroiled in Season 8 Burial Plot". TVLine. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Huntman, Ruth (19 August 2015). "The X-Files: Chuck star Vik Sahay has 'top-secret' role in revival of hit TV series". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Wer (2013). IMDb.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vik Sahay.|