Villa Marie Degree College
Villa Marie Intermediate, Degree and Post Graduate College (established in 1991 in Hyderabad, India) is an educational institution which was started by Dr. Y. Philomena, Principal and Director. The institution was started as a modest intermediate junior college in its present confines at Somajiguda. Since then it successfully expanded into a degree college in 1996 with an affiliation to Osmania University offering bachelor's degrees in Arts, Commerce and Science and later as a post graduate institution offering master's degrees in Business Administration and Computer Applications.
This institution was established in 1991 citing the paucity of good intermediate junior colleges for women in the Hyderabad area. The institution was founded on the principle "Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers" and it is reputed to constantly improve on the methods of teaching and education. Since then Villa Marie has expanded to include the Undergraduate Degree division which was started in 1996 and the Post Graduate College of Management and Computer Applications in 2000.
Admission into any intermediate course can be secured by passing in the qualifying examination Andhra Pradesh State Secondary Certificate / Central Board of Secondary Education / Indian Certificate of Secondary Education.
Admission into any undergraduate course can be secured by passing in intermediate or other equivalent programmes, with 60% and above marks.
Admission into M.C.A / M.B.A can be secured by a graduate of any discipline with 45% and above marks.
- The classrooms are well furnished and properly ventilated. Projectors are also available for the MBA classrooms.
- The library offers the computerized database OPAC, a photocopy machine and internet facility, and a collection of more than 10,000 books.
- The Seminar Hall is an air-conditioned venue with seating capacity for more than 200 students. There is one on every floor equipped with a public address system and an LCD projector.
- The Video Conference Hall has an oval seating arrangement for about 80 people. It allows students a close interaction with media and industry personnel. The hall located on the ground floor is also used for faculty meetings and training sessions. The facility has recently been upgraded to include video conferencing.
- The Media and Research centre is equipped with a soundproof audio visual mixing studio. It has a photography unit, editing tables and computers with the latest design software. There is a complete non-linear editing setup available to encourage film-making.
Students are encouraged to take part in various co-curricular activities which are job oriented. This may open doors of talent and art that covers once in a year in the form of Kala, an exhibition of art which also allows the sale of handmade items.
- "Villa Marie College Annual Day 2013 celebrations, Somajiguda - Hyderabad". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Villa Marie College for Women: Overview, FullHyderabad
- History of the Institution
- http://villamarieba.blogspot.com/ B.A, B.Com, B.Sc. Degree Course Admission Details
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2009. Infrastructure at Villa Marie
- Infrastructure at Villa Marie
- Infrastructure at Villa Marie
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 April 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2009. Infrastructure at Villa Marie
- http://education.bixee.com/study/Villa%20Marie%20College%20for%20Women/courses/in/hyderabad/[permanent dead link] Villa Festa
- "MBA PGDM Colleges in Andhra Pradesh : MBA Institutes | Programs | Courses | BSchools in Andhra Pradesh". Indianmba.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.