Vilofoss is a company that produces and trades with vitamin and mineral premixes for the feedstuff industry. Vilofoss is a brand name that consists of four companies in four different countries. Vitfoss is placed in Denmark, Calcialiment in France, Deutsche Vilomix in Germany and Fodermix in Sweden. They all operate in their country land but when they are trading on international markets, they do it under a mutual name – Vilofoss. Vilofoss has a total of 14 factories producing vitamins and minerals under brands such as: Vitfoss and Stormøllen (Denmark), Fodermix (Sweden), Calcialiment and Echarm (France), Deutsche Vilomix (Germany) and Vilofoss (Russia and Poland). Vilofoss is already one of the three biggest companies in the European market.
Vilofoss is also a part of DLG Group (Dansk Landbrugs Grovvareselskab), which is one of the biggest premix producers in Europe. DLG Group is the largest cooperative farm supplier in Denmark with turnover of more than 5.51 billion in 2010. DLG supplies grain, feedstuffs, fertilizers, chemicals, etc. for farm management and employs more than 5000 people. DLG is currently trying to get a foothold in the Chinese market.
Deutsche Vilomix part of Vilofoss
Deutsche Vilomix is a company specialized in vitamin and mineral premixes for the feedstuff industry. The headquarters of Deutsche Vilomix Tierernährung GmbH are located in Neuenkirchen-Vörden (county ofVechta) in Germany, approx. 30 km north of Osnabrück. Deutsche Vilomix Tierernährung GmbH was founded during the late 1960s as a division of Lohmann Tierernährung in Cuxhaven, Germany. The name VILOMIX is an abbreviation for "Vitamin Lohmann Mix“. Vilomix is one of the biggest premix companies in Europe, part of the Vilofoss brand name along with Vitfoss (Denmark), Calcialiment (France) and Fodermix (Sweden).
In 2011 Vilomix opened a new plant and started production in Haldensleben near Magdeburg, Germany. It is the most modern feed plant in Europe.
Fodermix part of Vilofoss
Fodermix was established in 1993 by Claes Svensson, leveraging his long experience in Swedish feed production, both as a pig producer and a product developer.
In 1997 the construction of a new facility took place in the genuine agricultural district in the centre of Västergötland.
The Danish company Vitfoss A/S and Swedenbased Svenska Foder AB bought the company in 2003 and currently own 50% each. Currently Fodermix is part of Volofoss
Calcialiment part of Vilofoss
Calcialiment is an animal feed producer based in Brittany. Calcialiment was founded in 1930 in Brittany. As a family business specialising in animal nutrition, the company has developed around 3 core areas: minerals for producing livestock farmers, infancy feed, and premix for industrial farmers.
Calcialiment-Vilofoss is owned partly by Vitfoss and by DLG, which is one of the biggest premix producers in Europe.
Vitfoss part of Vilofoss
Vitfoss is a company specialized in premixes, the main focus being on production and marketing of vitamin and mineral premixes to the feedstuff industry. Vitfoss is one of the largest premix manufacturers in Europe and owned by Dansk Landbrugs Grovvareselskab (DLG), the largest cooperative farm supply in Scandinavia. DLG has activities in Denmark, Sweden, North Germany, Poland and in the Baltic States. In November 2012, Vitfoss became part of Vilofoss in collaboration with Vilomix.
- "AllAboutFeed - Vilofoss introduced at EuroTier". allaboutfeed.net. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Vitfoss- Vilofoss - Hans Aae". en.engormix.com. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "EFSA expert: We need to think out of the box on infectious diseases". en.engormix.com. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Google Oversæt". translate.google.dk. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "U.S. study finds disinfectant ineffective against PEDv | Alberta Farmer Express". albertafarmexpress.ca. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- Danish exporters. 2004. Virum. 2004. ISBN 9788772258263. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica: Supplementum. ISBN 9788798460008. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "FoderMix AB: Private Company Information - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "http://www.companybooknetworking.com/fodermix-i-ulvstorp-ab". companybooknetworking.com. Retrieved 2015-02-09. External link in
- "Fodermix". dlg.dk. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Vilofoss is the new international face in the area of vitamin and mineral premixes" (PDF). 5 November 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Vitfoss". Archived from the original on 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- Agency, B.I. (2011). WESTERN EUROPE Major Wholesalers. Business Info Agency. p. 376. ISBN 9781418785161. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- Stafford, J.V. (2007). Precision Agriculture '07. Wageningen Academic Publishers. p. 845. ISBN 9789086860241. Retrieved 2015-02-09.