|Origin||United Arab Emirates|
Vin Sinners is a UAE based rock band started in 2009 by Chennai (India) born Vin Nair. Their first album, An Element of Surprise, was released in December 2011. The album was subsequently released on ArtistAloud.com to cater to Indian audiences, and within two weeks of release, three singles reached the top of the radioandmusic.com charts.
Vin Sinners was formed by Chennai-based Vin Nair who decided to make a comeback to music after a 15-year sabbatical. Nair had toyed with the idea of forming a band for years after his earlier band called Acanthus disbanded in 1994. He had earlier been a part of the church choir at Montfort Higher Secondary School in South India and it is there that he did most of his singing.
However, it was in 2010 that Vin met Pakistan-born Atif Ali who owns and runs a production studio called Playback Lounge in Dubai's JLT area. On May 23, 2010, Atif and Vin decided to work on one song as an experiment. The song, called "The Wise Man", was written by Vin in memory of his late father, and the song was produced in less than three days. Atif and Vin began work on more songs along with Tabraiz Haroon (Mr T) on keyboards.
An Element of Surprise was launched on Dec 9, 2011 in Dubai.
India Tour February 2013
In July 2013, Vin Sinners’ first album was released in India via digital music platform artistaloud.com. This coupled with the band's first video release on YouTube for the song 'Return to Solace' saw the band's popularity in India increase. Soon after playing at the Gulf Bike Festival in October 2012, Vin Sinners announced that they had begun work on their new album and were also planning an International tour.
Vin Sinners toured India with 2 shows each in Mumbai and Chennai. The concerts were received well.
In December 2013, Vin Sinners announced that their new album would feature former Iron Maiden front-man Blaze Bayley on a track called ‘Open The Box’. The track features both Vin Nair and Blaze Bayley on vocals.
- "Vin Sinners Sign to Universal Music India". Rolling Stone Music. 4 Mar 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Playing for the home crowd". Hindustan Times. 21 February 2013.
- "An Element of Surprise at 40: Indian rocker launches debut album". Sify. 15 November 2011.
- "Rock On!". Tribune India. 25 November 2012.
- "Vin Sinners and One Way provide a rocking alternative to Gulf Bike Week". Time Out Dubai. 9 February 2011.
- "Dubai's Vin Sinners enthrals Mumbai crowd". Asian Age. 26 February 2013.
- "VIN SINNERS - Announce Blaze Bayley As Guest Vocalist In New Album". JorZine. 16 December 2013.
- "Dubai-based rock band Vin Sinners sign to Universal". The National. 24 February 2014.