|Alma mater||Nkumba University|
(BA in Public Administration)
(MA in Public Administration)
|Occupation||Administrator & Politician|
|Years active||1986 — present|
Vincent Bamulangaki Ssempijja, is a politician, in Uganda, the third-largest economy in the East African Community. He is the Cabinet Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries in the Ugandan Cabinet. He was appointed to that position on 6 June 2016. He previously served as State Minister for Agriculture, between 1 March 2015 and 6 June 2016. He also serves as the elected Member of Parliament, representing "Kalungu County East", in Kalungu District.
Background and education
Ssempijja was born in Kalungu District, in Uganda's Central Region, on 28 November 1956. He completed his O-Level studies in 1974, and his A-Level education in 1976. He holds the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration, obtained from Nkumba University in 2007. His degree of Master of Arts in Public Administration, was obtained in 2010, also from Nkumba University.
Prior to 2011, Ssempijja served as the District Chairman for Masaka District. This was before Kalungu District, Lwengo District and Bukomansimbi District were peeled off of the old Masaka District. In 2011, he was elected to the 9th Ugandan Parliament to represent "Kalungu County East". He ran as an Independent. In a cabinet reshuffle on 1 March 2015, President Yoweri Museveni, appointed him State Minister for Agriculture. On 6 June 2016, he was appointed Cabinet Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Uganda State House (1 March 2015). "Full Cabinet List As At 1 March 2015" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Parliament of Uganda. "Profile of Ssempijja Vincent Bamulangaki, Member of Parliament for Kalungu County East, Kalungu District". Kampala: Parliament of Uganda. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Kitatta Kaaya, Sadab (6 August 2014). "Uganda: Kalungu MP Ssempijja Asked to Oust Mpuuga". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Uganda's New Cabinet As At 6 June 2016". Scribd.com. Retrieved 7 June 2016.