|Operator||Indiza Airport Management|
|Serves||Durban, South Africa|
|Elevation AMSL||20 ft / 6 m|
Virginia Airport (IATA: VIR, ICAO: FAVG) is an airport serving Durban, the largest city in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. This general aviation airport is located 10 kilometres (5.4 nautical miles) north of Durban.
This airport is normally used for the Durban Airshow which is staged every year in the June–July period. Virginia Airport also serves as a testing ground for newly licensed pilots.
- Fixed wing training schools
- AAA4PILOTS http://www.aaa4pilots.com
- Durban Aviation Centre
- Virginia Flight School
- Rotor wing schools
- JNC Helicopters - Training and Charter
- Starlight Helicopters - Training and Charter
- King Shaka Aviation - Training and Charter http://www.kingshakaaviation.co.za
- KZN Aviation - Charter
- Fixed wing charter companies
- East Coast Airways
- Federal Air
- King Shaka Aviation - Charter http://www.kingshakaaviation.co.za
- KZN Aviation
- Sheltam Aviation
- Airport information for FAVG from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for VIR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
|This article about an airport in South Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|