Prince Vishnupalita Kambhoja  (Kumara Kanbhoja Vhenupalita in Mhar (Mahad)inscriptions) finds reference in the Buddhist inscriptions (today known as Gandharpale caves situated near confluence of Gandhari & savitri rivers)found at Mhar or Mahad in Kolaba district of Maharashtra, in Bombay Presidency. Kanbhoja of the inscriptions is same as the Kambhoja or Kamboja of ancient Sanskrit and Pali texts and of king Asoka’s Rock Edicts. The prince is believed to have ruled in Kolaba (near Bombay), probably around the 2nd century CE.
Luders's inscriptions No 176 and 472 refer to the gift of a monk Kaboja Kamboja) from Nandi-Nagara made at Sanchi Buddghist Stupa. According to IHQ: "The monk was a Kamboja of Nandi-Nagara which might have been a place in the neighborhood of Sanchi". But no evidence of any ancient place called Nandi-Nagara near Sanchi (in Malawa) is attested. Probably the Nandi Nagara of the Sanchi Inscriptions refers to modern Nandode (Rajpipli) in Gujarat which in earlier was known as Nandan Nagar or Nandi-puri.
- Archaeological Survey of Western India, 1879, p 2, Dr J. Burgess.
- Maharashtra State gazetteers, 1964, p 57, Maharashtra (India), Gazetteers Dept, Maharashtra (India).
- Maharashtra State gazetteers, 1964, p 57, Maharashtra (India). Gazetteers Dept, Maharashtra (India)
- The Cultural History of Goa from 10000 B.C.-1352 A.D., 1986, p 206, Anant Ramkrishna Sinai Dhume - Goa, Daman and Diu (India)
- Gazetteer of the Union Territory Goa, Daman and Diu, 1979, p 66, Vithal Trimbak Gune, Goa, Daman and Diu (India).
- Also: K. C. Chaṭṭopādhyāya Memorial Volume, 1975, p 24, Kshetresh Chandra Chattopadhyaya - India Civilization.
- Indica, 2004, p 65, Saint Xavier's College, Bombay Heras Institute of Indian History and Culture.
- Kleine Schriften, 1985, p 352, Otto Stein, Friedrich Wilhelm.
- Epigraphia Indika, II, p 97. no. 7=L. 176; p 387, no. 287= L.472; The Indian Historical Quarterly, 1949, Vol 25-26, p 127.
- Buddhism in Malwa, 1976, p 53, S. M. Pahadiya - Buddhism.
- The Indian Historical Quarterly, 1949, Vol 25-26, p 127.
- Jīvana Tathā Saṃskr̥ti, 1976, Ānandapriya, Vidyālaṅkāra Śaṅkaradeva, Vedālaṅkāra Dalīpa, Yaśodabahana Paramāra.
- The Journal of the International Association of Buddhist Studies, 2000, International Association of Buddhist Studies
- Monastery and Guild: Commerce Under the Sātavāhanas, 1986, Himanshu Prabha Ray
- Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bombay, 1974, Asiatic Society of Bombay
- The Cultural History of Goa from 10000 B.C.-1352 A.D., 1986, Anant Ramkrishna Sinai Dhume - Goa, Daman and Diu (India)
- K. C. Chaṭṭopādhyāya Memorial Volume, 1975, p 24,Kshetresh Chandra Chattopadhyaya - India Civilization.