|Education||St. Petersburg State Academic Institute of Fine Arts, Sculpture and Architecture|
|Known for||Painting, drawing, sculpture, installation|
|Awards||Sergey Kuryokhin Award for Contemporary Art, 2012|
Vitaly Pushnitsky (Russian: Вита́лий Ю́рьевич Пушни́цкий; born 7 July 1967) is a Russian artist. He is considered one of Russia's leading contemporary artists. He is based in Saint-Petersburg, Russia and is internationally recognized as a painter, sculptor, graphic artist and as a creator of installations, art objects and multimedia.
Vitaly Pushnitsky was born on 7 July 1967 in Leningrad, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). After leaving Leningrad Secondary Art School, he studied at the Graphics Department of St.Petersburg Academy of Arts (1988—1994). Since 1994, he has been a member of Saint Petersburg Union of Artists.
He has had exhibitions at the Kala Art Institute (2002), at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi (2005), at the Tamarind Institute at University of New Mexico (2007), as well as at Cité International des Arts in Paris in 2012.
Collaborating with the major Russian and western art galleries, Pushnitsky is conducting his own original exhibition project "Belka&Strelka" co-authored with an art critic and curator Dmitry Pilikin. Commonly the works of Pushnitsky are presented on the international art scene.
In 2011 the British publisher of art Phaidon Press included Vitaly Pushnitsky in the list of "115 artists working internationally who have been nominated by highly respected critics and curators for their outstanding contributions to recent painting".
Museum collections and foundations
- The State Russian Museum. St Petersburg, Russia
- Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Russia
- The Museum of Contemporary Art ERARTA. St Petersburg, Russia
- Novy Museum. St Petersburg, Russia
- ArtLink. New York, USA
- Chairman, Aldrich Museum of Art. New York, USA
- Contemporary Art Museum art4.ru. Moscow, Russia
- Freud's Dream Museum. St Petersburg, Russia
- Kala Art Institute. Berkeley, San Francisco, USA
- Kolding Art Institute. Kolding, Denmark
- Kolodzei Art Foundation, Highland Park, NJ, USA
- Perm Museum of Contemporary Art (PERMM), Perm, Russia
- Red Bull Collection, Salzburg, Austria
- RuArts Foundation. Moscow, Russia
- The Krasnoyarsk Museum Centre. Krasnoyarsk, Russia
- The National Centre of Contemporary Art. Moscow, Russia
- The State Kaliningrad Art Gallery. Kaliningrad, Russia
- The State Novosibirsk Art Museum. Novosibirsk, Russia
- "Vitaly Pushnitsky - 72 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy". www.artsy.net. Retrieved 2020-02-11.
- "Vitaly Pushnitsky". www.kandinsky-prize.ru. Retrieved 2020-02-11.
- Vitaly Pushnitsky - Iron Age - Painting, Installation, Graphics at the State Hermitage Museum
- Vitaly Pushnitsky «Mechanisms of Time» at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art
- Vitamin P2: New Perspectives in Painting. London: Phaidon Press, 2011, 352 pages ISBN 9780714861609.