|Single by Q-Tip|
|from the album Amplified|
|Released||August 4, 1999|
|Writer(s)||Fareed, Yancey, White|
|Q-Tip singles chronology|
"Vivrant Thing" is the first single released by Q-Tip on his debut solo album Amplified. The song is also featured in A Tribe Called Quest's 1999 compilation The Anthology. It was produced by Q-Tip himself, although Jay Dee was also in the credits (they were a production duo). "Vivrant Thing" was the first rap song to reach number 1 on Billboard magazine's Hot R&B Singles & Tracks Airplay chart, although it only reached number seven on the main R&B chart due to the lack of a commercially available single.
The single was a success, charting the Billboard Hot 100 at number 26, making it Q-Tip's highest rated single to date. The beat contains a sample of "I Wanna Stay" by the Love Unlimited Orchestra. The remix features stanzas by rappers Missy Elliott and Busta Rhymes.
The music video was directed by Hype Williams.
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||39|
|US Billboard Hot 100||26|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||7|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|US Radio Songs (Billboard)||16|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||15|
- Exclusive: Q-Tip Interview moovmnt.com Retrieved on 2010-05-26.
- "Archive Chart: 2000-05-06" UK Singles Chart.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Q-Tip.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Q-Tip.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard Hot Rap Songs for Q-Tip.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay for Q-Tip.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard Radio Songs for Q-Tip.
- "Q-Tip – Chart history" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for Q-Tip.
|This hip hop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|