|Ambassador of Kosovo to United States|
20 August 2015
|Prime Minister||Isa Mustafa|
|Preceded by||Akan Ismaili|
|Minister for European Integration|
22 February 2011 – 1 September 2014
|Prime Minister||Hashim Thaçi|
|Preceded by||Besim Beqaj|
|Succeeded by||Bekim Çollaku|
|Born||10 October 1980
Vlora Çitaku (born 1980) is a Kosovar politician and diplomat who currently serves as the Ambassador of the Republic of Kosovo to the United States. She formerly served as Consul General of Kosovo in New York.
Before joining Kosovo's diplomacy, Vlora served as Minister for European integration of the Republic of Kosovo. She was noted as one of the most successful ministers of the 2011-2014 Kosovo government. She relinquished her MP seat in the Kosovo Assembly upon taking the governmental position, which she won as one of the top three most voted candidates.
Vlora Çitaku was only a teen when she became interpreter and a stringer for major Western news outlets at the onset of Kosovo war. She later became a refugee during the Kosovo War and has been involved with politics since 1999. She initially became spokesperson for the KLA and joined the PDK after the formation of the party in the post-war Kosovo. She was a Member of Parliament in two mandates. She states that she has overcome the stereotypes in politics that one must be old and a man.
- Guide to Women Leaders
- "Çitaku dekretohet ambasadore në SHBA". Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- "Vlora Çitaku konsulle e Kosovës në Nju Jork". old.zeri.info. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- "Ministrja e Integrimit Vlora Çitaku dhe Ministri i Brendshëm Bajram Rexhepi vizituan Berlinin". Ministria e Punëve të Jashtme - Ambasada e Republikës së Kosovës në Berlin. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- "Profile: Vlora Citaku- Kosovo's new challenge" kijacnews.net 2 March 2010 Link retrieved 21 February 2011
- Minister Hyseni handed over the duty of the Foreign Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kosovo. Link accessed 20 October 2010
|This article about a Kosovar politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|