This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Self-Service Phone Portals, IVR Solutions, Applications for Mobile Phones|
|Founded||2001 in Cologne, Germany|
|Founder||Karl-Heinz Land, et al.|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, CA|
|Beatriz Infante (CEO), Michael Codini (CTO)|
|Products||Software for VoiceXML, USSD, XHTML|
VoiceObjects is a company that produces VoiceXML-based self-service phone portals which personalize each caller’s experience and provide mobile access that integrates speech recognition, touch-tone response, texting and mobile web.
In December 2008, VoiceObjects was acquired by Voxeo Corporation. The VoiceObjects products are since then part of the Voxeo portfolio and the VoiceObjects office and staff are now operating as Voxeo Germany.
VoiceObjects was founded in 2001 by Karl-Heinz Land and a team of six co-founders (Georg Arens, Michael Codini, Jörg Schulz, Christoph Sieberz, Georg R. Steimel and Tiemo Winterkamp) as OneBridge software just outside downtown Cologne, Germany. Since then the company has grown to serving well over 200M callers per year with global presence, and has been incorporated in 2005 as US company with headquarters in San Mateo, California.
The company’s products are based on a new software architecture for delivering voice portals that leveraged industry standards for the Internet such as VoiceXML, SQL, Eclipse, SNMP, XML, Java, and SOA. In 2007, the company introduced software to support text-based applications for mobile phones using the USSD standard over GSM wireless networks as well as software to support Web-based applications for mobile phones with Web browsers supporting the XHTML 1.0 standard.
- VoiceObjects Desktop - Service Creation Environment
- VoiceObjects Server - Multi-channel Phone Application Server
- VoiceObjects Analyzer - Real-time Analysis and Reporting Environment
VoiceObjects customers included recognizable names such as Adobe, Deutsche Telekom, Hershey's, Kellogg Company, Lufthansa, and Swisscom. The company’s partners included SAP, Nortel, Genesys, Avaya, BEA, Oracle, and IBM.
- "VoiceObjects website".
- "VoiceObjects Alumni Group on Linkedin".
- "VoiceObjects Developer Edition - Trial Software".
- "VoiceObjects Developer Portal".
- "Have Your Cake and Analyze It Too". Speech Technology, April 25, 2007.
- "VoiceObjects: Phone App Servers for SAP". Integration Developer News, April 13, 2007.
- "VoiceObjects and SAP: Over the Phone". DestinationCRM.com, March 15, 2007.
- "VoiceObjects Opens Its Ears Wider to Personalization". DestinationCRM.com, July 18, 2006.