Volume Gallery is a commercial art gallery focused on design and contemporary art. It is located in West Town, Chicago. Volume Gallery represents artists and designers working in diverse disciplines such as ceramics, fiber, glass, and object design. The gallery presents seven curated thematic and solo exhibitions a year with an emphasis on emerging and mid-career artists.
Volume Gallery has shown architect-designed objects from architects Norman Kelley, Krueck + Sexton, Pezo Von Ellrichshausen, Ania Jaworska andStanley Tigerman. The gallery program emphasizes fiber and textile, ceramic, and glass works.
In 2017 Warner and Vinz were named among the five most important new dealers on the forefront of design in The New York Times Style Magazine. They were featured in Newcity's list of influentials who lead Chicago’s design scene on Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2017.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Volume Gallery represents emerging and mid-career contemporary artists and the design work of architects and contemporary designers.
- (after RO/LU)
- Michael C. Andrews
- Aranda\Lasch with Terrol Dew Johnson
- Tanya Aguiñiga
- Benas Burdulis
- Jojo Chuang
- Pezo Von Ellrichshausen
- Evan Gruzis
- Ross Hansen
- Matthias Merkel Hess
- Jennefer Hoffmann
- James Hyde
- Sung Jang
- Ania Jaworska
- Norman Kelley
- Thomas Leinberger
- Johnston Marklee
- Christy Matson
- Jonathan Muecke
- Charlie O’Geen
- Jonathan Olivares
- Leon Ransmeier
- Anders Ruhwald
- Krueck + Sexton
- Stanley Tigerman
- Thaddeus Wolfe
- Young & Ayata
- "FOG Design+Art Announces Galleries Selected for 2019 Fair". Artsy. 2018-12-11. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Selvin, Claire (2018-10-23). "Here's the Exhibitor List for the Inaugural Edition of Felix LA". ARTnews. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Expo Chicago Reveals 2015 Exhibitors". artnet News. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Conti, Elisabetta Donati De (2019-03-18). "Buying Design and Investing in Happiness". ELLE Decor (in Italian). Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Market Makers: Volume Gallery is a Designed Object force in Chicago". Newcity Design. 2017-11-29. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Volume Gallery: supporting American design in Chicago". Core77. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "The Young Americans, Wallpaper April 2010". MONICA KHEMSUROV. 2010-09-25. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Khemsurov, Monica (2016-03-14). "The Five Most Important New Dealers on the Forefront of Design". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2017". Newcity Design. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Foumberg, Jason. "How Rising Rents are Pushing Art Galleries Out of the West Loop". Chicago magazine. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Rosenberg, Tal. "Western Exhibitions inaugurates a new space with an expansive show". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Russeth, Andrew (2018-01-31). "Chicago's Rhona Hoffman Gallery Heads to West Town". ARTnews. Retrieved 2019-04-17.