Voodoo People / Out of Space
|"Voodoo People" / "Out of Space"|
|Single by The Prodigy featuring Pendulum and Audio Bullys|
|from the album Their Law: The Singles 1990–2005|
"Out of Space"
|B-side||"Smack My Bitch Up"|
|Released||3 October 2005|
|Format||12", CD, download|
|Length||5:05 "Voodoo People" (remix)
4:56 "Out of Space" (remix)
Cover for "Out of Space / Voodoo People"
|The Prodigy singles chronology|
|Pendulum singles chronology|
"Voodoo People" / "Out of Space" is the seventeenth single released by the British dance act The Prodigy on 3 October 2005, and was the only single released from their compilation album Their Law: The Singles 1990–2005. The single was released as a double A-side, and peaked at number twenty in the UK Singles Chart.
Most releases featured two remixes, "Voodoo People" remixed by Pendulum & featuring Tom Morello and "Out of Space" remixed by Audio Bullys. Some versions also featured "Smack My Bitch Up" remixed by Sub Focus as a B-side, and other versions of the title tracks. Pendulum's remix of "Voodoo People" was accompanied by a music video, directed by Ron Scalpello.
A music video was produced for Pendulum's remix of "Voodoo People", directed by Ron Scalpello. It is based on a scene from the Spanish movie Intacto, a film themed around luck and games of chance. The video was filmed in Romford Market in London, England.
The video features several people racing blindfolded, with their hands bound. It could be compared to the video game Frogger, in which all participants must avoid the obstacles within a city. Though, since they could not see the obstacles, it was more of a 'last man standing' game. Several members of the band were spectators in the video, while the winner of the race was Sharky, a former member of The Prodigy who left shortly after the band formed.
Formats and track listings
These are the major formats and associated track listings of single releases of "Voodoo People" / "Out of Space".
12" vinyl single (disc one)
12" vinyl single (disc two)
CD maxi single
"Voodoo People" / "Out of Space" entered the UK Singles Chart at number twenty, and the Irish Singles Chart at number 27 on 9 October 2005. The song also peaked at number twenty in the Norwegian singles chart four weeks later on 6 November,
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||79|
|Canada (Nielsen SoundScan)||10|
|UK Dance Singles (The Official Charts Company)||1|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||20|
- "Prodigy - Voodoo People / Out of Space". acharts.us. Retrieved 14 August 2008.
- "Voodoo People" / "Out of Space" (Disc 1) (12"). Discogs. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Voodoo People" / "Out of Space" (Disc 2) (12"). Discogs. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Voodoo People" (Pendulum remix) / "Out Of Space" (Audio Bullys remix) (CD, Single). Discogs. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Voodoo People / Out of Space" (CD, Maxi). Discogs. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Prodigy - Voodoo People - Single". UK iTunes Store. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "The Prodigy - Out of Space (Audio Bullys remix). norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved 14 August 2008.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- The Prodigy | Awards | Allmusic Allmusic.com
- "Norwegiancharts.com – The Prodigy – Out Of Space (Audio Bullys Remix)". VG-lista.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40 | Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2018-02-16.