In Russian it was often used in reference to the Soviet leaders such as Joseph Stalin or Lenin as Vozhd of the proletariat (Russian: Вождь пролетариата), Vozhd of the Russian Communist Party (Russian: Вождь Российской Коммунистической Партии), Vozhd of the World Revolution (Russian: Вождь мировой революции), Vozhd of the Peoples (Russian: Вождь народов).
In modern Russian, vozhd became exclusive for the Communist leaders or leaders of aboriginal tribes. The word is becoming somewhat obsolete and is being replaced by its English version, "leader". In German language is a counterpart of Führer.
- The life of the Vozhd: how Lenin became the main revolutionary of the country (Жизнь вождя: как Ленин стал главным революционером страны). Mir 24. 2 November 2017
- Stalin, I. Lenin as organizer and vozhd of RCP (Ленин как организатор и вождь РКП). Marxist. December 2010
- Stalin, I. Lenin as organizer and vozhd of RCP (Ленин как организатор и вождь РКП). Leninism.
- Soviet vozhdi and their money (Советские вожди и их деньги). Russia House News
- Stalin, Court of the Red Tsar - Simon Sebag-Montefiore
- Vozhdi CCCP at Savok.org
|This Russia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|