|Full name||Vüqar Mursal Alakbarov|
|Born||5 January 1981 (age 36)
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (201 lb)|
|Club||Neftchi Petrol, Baku|
Alakbarov competed in the middleweight class (−75 kg) at the 2000 Summer Olympics and won the bronze medal. At the 2004 Summer Olympics he was eliminated in the quarter final in the heavyweight class. He qualified for the 2004 Summer Olympics by ending up in first place at the 2nd AIBA European 2004 Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Warsaw, Poland.
- Defeated Peter Kariuki Nguni (Kenya) 12–3
- Defeated Paul Miller (Australia) 9–8
- Defeated Akin Kuloglu (Turkey) 18–8
- Lost to Jorge Gutiérrez (Cuba) 9–19
- "Vüqar Mursal Ələkbərov". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2 April 2009.
|This article about an Azerbaijani Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to an Azerbaijani boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|