|City||Providence, Rhode Island|
|Slogan||"You turn us on"|
|First air date||1981|
|HAAT||40 meters (131 feet)|
WDOM began in 1949 and continues to service the Providence College community and the city of Providence. The station broadcasts indie, hip-hop, alternative, punk, electronica, rap, dance, classic rock, jazz, and country music.
In 2014, WDOM received a facelift and was outfitted with brand new broadcasting equipment, (mics, computers, soundboad emergency alert systems). The station remains state of the art today and broadcasts daily shows from 6am-2am, respectively. WDOM is famous for hosting open mic nights in the local on-campus bar and its outdoor spring music festival, Stuartstock.
WDOM also conducts on-air interviews with national recording artists. In the 2015-2016 academic year, WDOM has interviewed Acid Dad, Guster, Wild Sun, Surfer Blood, and Foxtrax. A recording of each interview is posted under the blog tab of the stations website, http://www.wdom913fm.com/blog/.
- "WDOM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WDOM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "ACID DAD". www.aciddad.com. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "Guster - News". www.guster.com. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "HOME". Wild Sun. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "Splash". SURFER BLOOD. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDOM
- Radio-Locator information on WDOM
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDOM
|This article about a radio station in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a university or college in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|