|Simulcasts WRGR Tupper Lake|
|Broadcast area||Saranac Lake, New York|
|Owner||North Country Radio Corp.|
|WLPW, WRGR, WVSL|
First air date
Former call signs
|HAAT||−52 meters (−171 ft)|
Public license information
The station was formerly WXMR with a tagline called "Radio Bistro". The call letters were changed to WPLB on August 6, 2012; it eventually changed to a country music format, "Kickin' Country," which was simulcast with WNMR (107.1 FM, now WWFK) and competed with WOKO and WTNN.
In March 2016, the station was leased to WIRY. The arrangement allowed for the FM station to occasionally broadcast separate programming from the AM station (for instance, WIRY's regular programming could continue on the FM station while the AM station carried a sporting event). The callsign was changed to WIRY-FM on March 15, 2016.
WIRY-FM went silent on January 7, 2020, after WIRY changed ownership the previous month and the new owners ended WIRY's agreement to operate it. An application is pending to move the frequency from Plattsburgh West to Ray Brook, New York.
The station changed its call sign to WPLA on July 10, 2020.
In late January 2021 WPLA changed their call letters to WSLP, moved from Plattsburgh West, New York to Ray Brook, New York, and picked the WSLP call letters and "Lake FM" variety hits format from 93.3 FM Saranac Lake, which picked up the WPLA call letters. That June, Benjamin Homel (known professionally as Randy Michaels), who owned the station through Radioactive, LLC, filed to sell the station to operator North Country Radio Corp.
- "WXMR-FM 100.7". Rambler Interactive. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- Heath, Dan (March 24, 2016). "WIRY launches FM signal". Press-Republican. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- "BLSTA - 20200108AAL Notification of Suspension of Operations / Request for Silent STA — WIRY-FM". January 8, 2020. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- WSLP Completes Frequency Change Radioinsight - February 3, 2021
- Venta, Lance (June 18, 2021). "Station Sales Week Of 6/18". RadioInsight. Retrieved April 16, 2022.