|City||Fulton, New York|
|Broadcast area||Syracuse area|
|Branding||92.1 The Wolf|
|Slogan||Syracuse's New Hit Country|
|First air date||1949-08-22 (as WOSC)|
|Power||1,000 watts day
40 watts night
|Former callsigns||WOSC (1949-1988)
|Owner||Craig Fox (80%)
(Cram Communications, LLC)
|Website||92.1 The Wolf Online|
WOSW (1300 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a country music format. Licensed to Fulton, New York, USA, the station serves the northern suburbs of the Syracuse area. WOSW is owned by Cram Communications, LLC (one of many companies majority-owned by Craig Fox).
The station went on the air as WOSC on August 22, 1949. After a "dark" period, it returned to the air as WZZZ on June 19, 1988,. On August 16, 2002, the station changed its call sign to WAMF, and again to the current WOSW on June 1, 2012.
During the time as WAMF, the station broadcast as an affiliate of Radio Disney. The format changed to its current format in September 2012. The station is branded as "Real Country," although whether or not the Real Country satellite network is being used is unknown. WOSW will also carry NASCAR races from the Motor Racing Network.
In late June 2016, the station format was temporarily changed to Country to facilitate a trade of sister station WOLF-FM with Family Life Network. This arrangement was required in order for the station owner to comply with the multiple ownership rule set forth by the Federal Communications Commission. Family Life is temporarily simulcasting the station on its WOLF-FM.
- "WOSW Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Fulton's New Radio Station WOSC Wins Public Acclaim In Formal Dedication Monday" (PDF). Oswego Palladium-Times. August 28, 1949. p. 12. Retrieved 2008-01-30.[dead link]
- "On The Air" (PDF). Oswego Palladium-Times. June 23, 1988. p. 6. Retrieved 2008-01-30.[dead link]
- "WOSW Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Naughton, Peter (September 10, 2012). Fulton's WOSW flips to classic country. CNYRadio.com. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- After Fine, FoxFur Takes Second Crack at Family Life Deal
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WOSW
- Radio-Locator Information on WOSW
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WOSW
|This article about a radio station in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|