European edition cover art
|Series||World Rally Championship|
WRC 7, also known as WRC 7: World Rally Championship, is a racing video game based on the 2017 World Rally Championship season. The game was developed by French developer Kylotonn and published on 15 September 2017 by Bigben Interactive for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game carries an official FIA esports licence.
The game was released to mixed to positive reception, with reviewers praising improvements over its predecessor but criticised the game's controls and lack of depth compared to the likes of DiRT 4. Metacritic gave it a score of 70 out of 100 for each of the three platform releases.
GameSpot said "For all its minor faults and bare-bones nature in comparison to others, WRC 7 is still an enjoyable, but seriously challenging rally title. It's not the most welcoming game for newcomers, and even experienced racers will find some of the rougher stages tricky."
The game won the award for "Best Sports Game" at the 2017 Ping Awards.
- Hallam, Chris (15 September 2017). "WRC 7 handbrake turns around a number of off-road tracks in its launch trailer". Videogamer.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "eSports WRC - Season #3 - Become the next Champion". www.esportswrc.com. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "WRC 7". Metacritic. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "WRC 7 for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "WRC 7 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "WRC 7 for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Les lauréats des Ping Awards 2017". Ping Awards (in French). 21 November 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
|This racing game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|