|City||Cruz Bay, U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Slogan||The Island's Best in Hits & Oldies|
|Frequency||101.3 FM (MHz)|
|First air date||August 24, 1988|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary|
|HAAT||374 meters (1228 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||W W KisS|
|Former callsigns||WDCM (1988-1996)|
|Owner||Ackley Media Group
|Sister stations||WVJZ, WVWI, WIVI|
WWKS (101.3 FM) is a radio station licensed to serve Cruz Bay, U.S. Virgin Islands. The station is licensed to GARK LLC which is wholly owned by Gordon P. Ackley as part of the Ackley Media Group. It airs an Urban Adult Contemporary music format.
WWKS was chosen as ABC Radio Network's international affiliate of the year for 1999. ABC Radio representatives the station's "commitment to professional broadcasting" and cited "flawless coordination" of two live remote broadcasts of The Tom Joyner Morning Show that originated from the Virgin Islands.
GARK LLC, originally a partnership between Gordon Ackley and Randolph Knight, was acquired solely by Gordon Ackley in April 2006 when Ackley bought out Knight's 50% interest for an undisclosed sum. GARK LLC is the licensee of WWKS as well as sister stations WVJZ and WVWI. Local press coverage pegged the sale price "in the neighborhood of $4.3 million" for the three-station combo.
- "Fall 2007 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Zalaznick, Matt (1999-06-28). "101.3 Wins 'Affiliate of the Year' Award". St. Thomas Source. Retrieved December 25, 2007.
- BIA Financial Networks (2006-05-01). "Deals". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Pennington, Shaun A. (2006-04-28). "Knight to Sell Radio One, KISS and JAMZ". St. Thomas Source. Retrieved December 25, 2007.