List of Sudanese detainees at Guantanamo Bay
The United States Department of Defense acknowledges holding twelve Sudanese captives in Guantanamo. A total of 779 captives have been held in extrajudicial detention in the Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba since the camps opened on January 11, 2002 The camp population peaked in 2004 at approximately 660. Only nineteen new captives, all "high value detainees" have been transferred there since the United States Supreme Court's ruling in Rasul v. Bush. As of December 2013 the camp population stands at approximately 160.
List of Sudanese citizen at Guantanamo
|36||Ibrahim Othman Ibrahim Idris||2002-01-11||2013-12-18|
|54||Ibrahim Ahmed Mahmoud Al Qosi||2002-06-12||2012-07-10|
|81||Walid Mohammad Haj Mohammad Ali||2002-01-21||2008-04-30|
|700||Muhammed Al Ghazali Babaker Mahjoub||2002-08-05||2004-03-31|
|707||Noor Uthman Muhammaed||2002-08-05||2013-12-18||
|710||Salim Mahmoud Adem Mohammed Bani Amir||2002-08-05||2007-12-12|
|712||Hammad Ali Amno Gadallah||2002-08-05||2005-07-19||
|714||Al Rachid Hasan Ahmad Abdul Raheem||2002-08-05||2004-03-31|
|719||Mustafa Ibrahim Mustafa Al Hassan||2002-08-05||2006-10-06|
|720||Amir Yakoub Mohammed Al Amir Mahmoud||2002-08-05||2008-04-30|
- OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- Hana Abdul Hai (2013-12-15). "Last Two Detained Sudanese in Guantanamo to Arrive in Khartoum Wednesday". Sudan Vision Daily. Archived from the original on 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
Foreign Minister Spokesperson, Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq said in press statements that the Sudanese detainees Mohammed Nour Osman and Ibrahim Osman Ibrahim who are the last Sudanese prisoners in Guantanamo Bay will be transported to Khartoum by an American Military Aircraft.
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Ibrahim Ahmed Mahmoud al Qosi". New York Times. Retrieved October 2010. Check date values in:
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Noor Uthman Muhammaed". New York Times. Retrieved October 2010. Check date values in:
- "Guantanamo Bay Detainees Classified as "No Longer Enemy Combatants"". Washington Post. Archived from the original on 2007-02-04. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "Two Guantanamo detainees transferred: Pentagon". Agence France Presse. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-08. mirror
- "Pentagon: Two Guantanamo Detainees Transferred". Voice of America. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-08. mirror
- "Pentagon releases Guantanamo inmate to Sudan". Associated Press. 2008-10-08. Archived from the original on 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-09-28.