84th General Assembly portrait (2011)
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 60th district
20th district (2011–2013)
January 10, 2011
|Preceded by||Doris Kelley|
|Born||July 5, 1961 (age 55)
Waterloo, Iowa, U.S.
|Children||3 (all grown)|
|Residence||Cedar Falls, Iowa|
|Alma mater||University of Northern Iowa|
As of October 2011[update], Rogers serves on several committees in the Iowa House – the Appropriations, Judiciary, State Government, and Transportation committees. He also serves as the vice chair of the Administration and Regulation Appropriations Subcommittee and as a member of the Research and Development School Advisory Council.
He was born and raised in Waterloo, Iowa.
During the 2017 legislative session, Rogers voted to shorten both the amount of time one may cast an absentee ballot and the number of days one can vote at satellite polling sites, and he voted to require all voters to present a state-issued ID. Though he voted for the measure, the bill was opposed by the Iowa State Association of Counties, an advocacy group for Iowa's disabled, and Iowa's Department on Aging opposed the bill.
In his first campaign for public office, Rogers lost his 2008 election bid for the Iowa Senate's 10th District, losing to incumbent Democrat Jeff Danielson by a margin of only 22 votes. Rogers was elected in 2010, defeating incumbent Democrat Doris Kelley; he was reelected in 2012 over challenger Bob Greenwood.
|Iowa Senate elections, 2008 
|Democratic hold||Jeff Danielson*||Democratic||16,103||50.0|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2010 
|Republican gain from Democratic||Walt Rogers||Republican||6,997||52.7|
|Doris J. Kelley*||Democratic||6,031||45.4|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2012 
|Republican hold||Walt Rogers*||Republican||8,966||51.9|
- Iowa Legislature. "House Journal (Monday, April 10, 2017)" (PDF). Iowa Legislature. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Petroski, William; Pfannenstiel, Brianne. "Iowa Legislature Adjourns: What passed in 2017 session?". Des Moines Register. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Iowa Legislature. "House File 516". Iowa Legislature. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Iowa Legislature. "Lobbyist Declarations". Iowa Legislature. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- "November 4, 2008 General Election Results". Iowa Secretary of State. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- "Official Results Report, General Election held November 2, 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. December 16, 2010. p. 61. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. December 14, 2012. p. 106. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Walt Rogers.|
- Walt Rogers official Iowa General Assembly site
- Walt Rogers Campaign website
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Walt Rogers at Iowa House Republicans
|Iowa House of Representatives|
|60th District (formerly 20th)