|Candidate||Ran for the office of Governor Machakos 2017|
|Assistant Minister Youth And Sports |
3 April 2008 – 9 April 2013
|Member of Parliament for Kathiani|
29 December 2007 – 4 March 2013
|Preceded by||Peter Kyalo Kaindi - NARC|
|Succeeded by||Robert Mbui - WDM-K|
3 November 1967|
(m. 1990; d. 2016)
|Alma mater||South Bank University, (BSC, Graduate Diploma, Advanced Diploma in computer science)|
|Nickname(s)||Osa Vinya na Wavinya|
Wavinya Ndeti (born 3 November 1967) is a Kenya politician who was Member of Parliament for Kathiani. She was a WDM-K candidate for Machakos Governor in 2017, having contested the seat previously in 2013 on CCU ticket and lost on both occasions to Incumbent Dr. Alfred Mutua.
Hon. Wavinya Ndeti joined politics in 2007 contesting and being elected MP for Kathiani Constituency under Chama Cha Uzalendo. In winning the seat, Wavinya Ndeti became the only woman to have represented the constituency in Parliament since independence after she beat Peter Kyalo Kaindi.
Hon. Ndeti was appointed to grand coalition government as a co-assistant Minister for youth and sports under Helen Sambili.
During the 2010 constitutional referendum she supported the new constitution, citing importance of having uniform distribution of resources and having decentralized leadership. Although the document was unpopular in the Machakos District, the majority of Kenyans voted in favour of the new constitution, which President Mwai Kibaki promulgated on 27 August, 2010.
Elections 2013 and 2017
Ndeti, one of the founding members of CORD ran for the newly created office of Governor of Machakos on a CCU ticket in 2013. She picked former water and natural resources minister Mutua Katuku as her running mate.
She lost the bid to Alfred Mutua and subsequently lost the election petition on grounds she failed to appoint enough party agents to all polling stations.
In 2017, Wavinya Ndeti together with Makueni Governor pledged to rejoin Wiper Democratic Movement under a brokered agreement famously known as the Emali Declaration. In the declaration, Makueni Governor Prof. Kivutha Kibwana was to defend his seat on Wiper Democratic Movement and Hon. Wavinya Ndeti would be given a direct Ticket to unseat Alfred Mutua.
Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya
Wavinya Ndeti ditched Chama Cha Uzalendo for Wiper on the morning of April 5th 2017, in line with the law that requires candidates to change political parties within 90days to election. Initially she was handed direct nomination with Peter Mathuki as running mate, but the party decided to hold primaries.
The deal had been a product of months of negotiations between Wiper Party and Wavinya’s CCU party with Kalonzo said to have prevailed upon Mathuki and Machakos Deputy Governor Bernard Kiala to compromise their ambitions in favour of a ticket that would send Mutua home and win back the seat to the party. 
Ndeti was cleared to run for Governor by the IEBC in early June 2017.
Wavinya Ndeti on June 9th challenged the ruling at the High Court.
High Court Judge George Vincent Odunga stayed the IEBC tribunal decision. On 14th June 2017,the judge rejected a petition by the IEBC to disqualify himself.  Kiala decided to run as an independent.
Wavinya Ndeti has also been entangled in long-running court battles with CCU Party Chairman Maur Bwanamaka over its leadership until she joined WDM-K.
- https://books.google.co.ke/books?id=agMYg8TVcCQC&pg=PT39&lpg=PT39&dq=wavinya+Ndeti+appointed+assistant+minister&source=bl&ots=SF7R2ncV1F&sig=LKMt47AXhr_vIFKRS74aZOjetWE&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=wavinya%20Ndeti%20appointed%20assistant%20minister&f=false Wavinya Ndeti responding to queries in parliament
- https://africajournalismtheworld.com/tag/cord-kenya-election/ Wavinya joins Cord
- http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/04/05/wavinya-ndeti-joins-wiper-kalonzo-says-machakos-likely-to-get-woman_c1538806 Wavinya Ndeti joins Wiper, Kalonzo says Machakos likely to get woman Governor
- http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/05/08/muthama-quits-machakos-senator-race-accuses-kalonzo-of-mismanaging_c1557108 Muthama quits Machakos senator race, accuses Kalonzo of mismanaging Wiper
- http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/05/11/wiper-settles-for-jackson-kala-after-muthama-quits-senator-race_c1559453 Wiper settles for Jackson Kala after Muthama quits senator race
- http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/06/09/court-orders-iebc-to-add-wavinya-ndeti-in-list-of-cleared-candidates_c1577714 Court orders IEBC to add Wavinya Ndeti in list of cleared candidates
- http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/137140/ Judge George Odunga rejects a petition for him to hand over Wavinya Ndeti appeal to another Judge