This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management, Development & Research|
|Welingkar Institute of Management|
|Type||Private business school|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Official name||Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research|
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WeSchool) is a Business School in India. Run by charitable Trust Shikshan Prasarak Mandali, Pune, in the state of Maharashtra. WeSchool, Mumbai, established in 1977 offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management in new areas as Retail, Family Managed Business, Business Design & Innovation, Rural Management, Healthcare Management, Media & Entertainment Management and E- business.
Weschool, Bangalore was established in 2008 at Electronic City Phase -1 and has 3 full-time courses: PGDM, PGDM–E Biz and PGDM-Business Design & Innovation.
WeSchool has programs such as Business Design and Innovation, E-business, Retail, Healthcare, Rural Management, programs for Family Managed business, initiated several partnerships with industry and international universities. In 2015, WeSchool received the 'AICTE -CII best industry-linked management institute' award.
- 1977: MANDALI sets up Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- 1984-1986: First batch of MMS, affiliation with the University of Mumbai
- 1994: PGDM, AICTE approved MMS & MMM (Part Time)
- 2001: PGDM Ebiz
- 2002: College shifted to new campus in Matunga, Mumbai
- 2002: MIM /MIF (part-time)
- 2004: Bengaluru Campus established with Ebiz
- 2005: PGDM Retail introduced
- 2007: Introduced the PGDM –Business Design program
- 2010: PGDM Executive course introduced
- 2011: PGDM Healthcare introduced
- 2011: PGDM Rural Management (Emerging economies) launched
- 2014: PGP Entrepreneurship introduced
WeSchool has established international links with foreign universities like Copenhagen Business School (Denmark), Malardalen University and Jonkoping International Business School (Sweden), Lancaster University and University of Hull (UK), MacEwan University (Canada), Otto Friedrich Universidad and Stuggart Media University (Germany), Unitec Institute (New Zealand) and Curtin Technical University (Australia).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (E-Business)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Business Design(PGDM-BD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Healthcare
- PGDM-Rural Management (Emerging Economies)
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Program in Entrepreneurship
- Business Management for legal professionals
- Post Graduate Program in Telecom Management (PGPTM) and Certificate Course in Telecom Marketing & Management (CTMM)
WeSchool decided to expand the capacity of Welingkar by moving from the small space of 10,000 sq ft to the new campus which has a total area of 1, 70,000 sq.ft. The Bengaluru campus of Welingkar was inaugurated in 2008.
Situated in Bengaluru, the Silicon Valley of India, WeSchool Bengaluru campus is designed to nurture Design Thinking and Innovation. The present campus is a demonstration of this intent which nurtures business pioneers of tomorrow who will collaborate and innovate to make their mark globally. It has the latest state-of the-art facilities that facilitate the right environment for learning with the help of academically reputed faculty.
The Bengaluru campus of Welingkar was inaugurated in 2008. Welingkar has a sprawling and Green campus set up on a 1.5 acre property in Electronic City, Bangalore, in the vicinity of over 180 IT companies. Being a residential school, there are over 300 students studying at WeSchool, all from different parts of the country. The Bangalore Campus is known for its various events conducted by Career Management Center (CMC) involving several sector-based Industry Roundtables to engage senior members from the Corporate and invite them for sectorial discussions at Welingkar, where the students can also present their learnings and projects. There are annual sports events Jogabonito and We-cricket where alumni, faculty and students participate.The college has a cafeteria called Unwind and a ‘Hobby Kitchen’ where students can prepare food for themselves. The hostel has sports facilities like gym, table tennis, a billiards room and Badminton Courts. There are various clubs in the college- MPower- The Marketing Club, Arthakul- The Finance Club, Ethnos- HR Club, Operations Club which organise various events, round tables, conferences every year enabling to students to build industrial connections and interact with the experts in the field.
Welingkar’s Distance Learning Program(DLP)/ Part Time (3 Years )
The autonomous Welingkar Institute of Management offers distance learning programs. It is one of the few institutions whose distance learning programs have been accredited by Distance Education Council (DEC), a body of the Central Govt. of India.
Distance Education Council (DEC) has been set up by the Govt. of India under the IGNOU Act for assessment and accreditation of distance education institutes in India.
Welingkar’s Distance Learning Program (DLP) was appraised by DEC with regard to its content, quality of education and its delivery systems.
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Rural Management
- Retail Management
- General Management
- Operations Management
- General Management
- Services Excellence
- Rural and Agric Business
- Media And Advertising
- Travel & Tourism mgmt.
- Healthcare management
- Hospitality Management
- IT Project Management
- Banking, Insurance & Investment
- Advertising & Media
- Subramanian, Aishhwariya (15 January 2013). "Alternatives galore for IIM aspirants". Daily News and Analysis – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Welingkar's We School campus in Bengaluru to focus on Design Thinking & Innovation".
- "Top 6 sectors that will CREATE JOBS for young graduates in 2012".
- "Matunga B-school wins award for best industry-linked management institute - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "Welingkar institute signs MoU with an Aus university".
- "Welingkar institute signs MOU with Malardalen university".
- "Welingkar inks MOU with Grant MacEwan University".
- "Stepping STone".
- "WiFi – The Solution for Connectivity in the Campus".
- "WeSchool Brochure" (PDF). Welingkar.