|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Babatunde Kasali, Chairman
Segun Oloketuyi, MD/CEO
|Products||Loans-ROD, FTL, WAAS, credit cards, savings – WTA, PCA, DA, WETSA, investments, mortgages|
|Total assets||₦ 245,704,597,430 (2012)|
Number of employees
Wema Bank Plc, commonly known as Wema Bank, is a Nigerian commercial bank.
The bank was established on May 2, 1945, as a private limited liability company. It was granted a commercial banking license and commenced banking activities during the same year. Wema Bank converted to a public limited liability company in 1987. In 1990, the bank was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. It trades under the symbol: WEMABANK. It was granted a Universal Banking License in February 2001.
Wema Bank Plc. is a publicly traded limited liability company, trading under the symbol WEMABNK on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. According to the company website, the shareholding in the bank is as depicted in the table below:
|Centenary Bank Stock Ownership|
The bank's branch network spans the entire country.
- Wema Bank Audited Financials 2012
- The History of Wema Bank
- Overview of Wema Bank
- http://allafrica.com/stories/201002260264.html Wema Bank Is One of Ten Nigerian Banks In Need of Recapitalization]
- Okenwa, Stan (2010-01-26). "Nigeria: South African Groups to Invest in Rescued Banks". Daily Champion (Lagos). Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Shareholders of Wema Bank Plc.
- Branch Network of Wema Bank